What kind of juice do I need?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of juice do I need?

I've checked out some of the power sim sites and haven't found one flexible enough to really tell me how much power will be enough.

Here's what I have in mind:

Micro ATX (old, cheap)
    cheap, old celeron etc
    128 MB RAM (give or take)
    250 gig 3.5 7200 RPM (this is a must)
    7 in touchscreen (ive noticed in threads that people rig the screen to run off the PSU)

That is basically what I need. Just a nice, simple, lowkey system. So the question seems to be 60, 90, or 150W?

90 would cut it close. 150 would be safe.. I dunno. I'm sure someone out there has made it work with 90 and can tell U more
    I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

No perephrials? No cd-rom, gps, hubs, ect? That will make the difference.
      I would say go for the largest, the price isnt that much differrent now, but to have to re-buy it later it will cost a lot more!
      2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by gospeed.racer
        No perephrials? No cd-rom, gps, hubs, ect? That will make the difference.
        I would say go for the largest, the price isnt that much differrent now, but to have to re-buy it later it will cost a lot more!
        good points

what do you use for a PSU?
        also, what kind of case?

Comment

"Do as I say, not as I do"

I have the cheap-o snap on power supply, works OK but wont run much of a system. If I had done a Opus in the first place I would have been money ahead.
          Its in the morex 2699r case
          2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Working...
          X