M1-atx??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-atx??

I need to know if anoyne has any experience using this yet.

http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...products_id=67

I'm wondering if it will be enough for my set-up.

M12000 mobo
    8" Xenarc VGA touch screen (USB = 1)
    200gb 7200 rpm full size Seagate Barracuda hard drive
    Panasonic CD-RW/DVD slot load rom in USB case (requires a 5v lead - can't I just get this off of the PSU? like the unused floppy plug?) (USB = 2)
    XM PCR (USB = 3)
    GPS (USB = 4)
    Audigy 2 ZS Notebook sound car (PCMCIA)
    Probably a wireless reciever for a wireless keyboard (USB = 5)

When I go to the web site, I find this page:

http://resources.mini-box.com/online...simulator.html

It doesn't have my mobo on there, but.....when using the Intel845 as it's the most demanding as far as power goes, then put on everything else that I will have...

1 - 3.5" drive
    1 - Slim CD-Rom
    1 - Flash drive
    5 - USB devices
    1 - 2x20 LCD (not sure what that means other than it's a screen)

I get the following:

Total = 56.8 watts at idle; 84.5 watts in DVD mode, and 71.4 watts in MP3 mode...

so this tells me that the 90 watts that the m1 can supply should be enough....

just wanted to get some input....

=]
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Im using it right now with a 2400+m CPU, Biostar Nforce Mobo, 20 Gig Laptop HDD and it works great. Doesn't even get hot. my CPU uses 35W of power I dont know about the mobo. Hope this helps.

Comment

anyone who is using it and has something to say about it helps right now....hehe

thanks for the input!

I'm holding the card right now to buy this.....just a little hesitant, if I do I will have a 200watt dc-dc to sell that's unused...lol
      Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Just ordered one for testing on M10000 system, I will post a review after I get it in a get some run time on it.

Comment

looks like I will be posting a review as well since I ordered mine sunday night....

=]
          Jan Bennett

Comment

Please post your findings as you mentioned.

I'm sure we're all excited to see the outcome...

Thanks!

-Mario

Comment

Think this is the PSU Ziplock wants someone to test?
              CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Originally posted by arise360
                Im using it right now with a 2400+m CPU, Biostar Nforce Mobo, 20 Gig Laptop HDD and it works great. Doesn't even get hot. my CPU uses 35W of power I dont know about the mobo. Hope this helps.
                That's pretty much the kind of a system (except I want a 40- 80gig hd) that I want. I'm happy with my m1000 except for the graphics part of it is terrible. Do you have a pretty big vid card in there? I would be putting an fx5200 in, the lower end of the fx cards don't use as much power I don't think. It doesn't have one of the molex connectors where you plug power into it.
                CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Originally posted by Grayscale
                  lol - was there a link to that somewhere on here that I just happened to miss?

heh....probably
                  Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Grayscale
                    Yes, it was. Initial reports indicate that it performs well.

I added it to the store http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...products_id=67

Comment

wow - that was quick...just posted over on that thread of yours....

Ima be irritated if it's cheaper here than I ended up buying it for...lol

EDIT: eh.....cheaper by $5....oh well.....will be posting a review on it when I get it in!
                      Jan Bennett

Comment

I helped design it last year. It's basically a cheaper OPUS 90 watt clone. About $85 less.

Comment

ok - well if you helped design it then can you answer my question in the first post of this thread?

=]

please!!!! pretty please!!!

hehehe
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
                            ok - well if you helped design it then can you answer my question in the first post of this thread?
                            Should work.

Comment

goodie...

thanks for the input!
                              Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                              X