No announcement yet.

Opus Randomnly Restarts or Shuts down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus Randomnly Restarts or Shuts down?

My opus was running fine, but now it has been randomly restarting and it is realy ****ing me off. It restarts randomnly e.g whilst watching a film etc.

Btw its a 150w

What is the data on your setup, like cpu, ram, power wire size (to opus), is the car running, any other stuff you can think of?

KyferEz
    TheCarPCStore.com - Power Controllers (SDC), Inverters, Tank Circuit, GPS, OBDII, CarPCs, and more!
    PSU Wattage Calculator
    Electronics Calculators
    Copper Wire Data

Comment

Maybe the computer is bad? There is this one computer at work that restarts randomly. Can't figure anything out. Dont' even know were to start
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

That is a good idea. Test it by taking the PC inside and running it off standard ATX supply for a bit.

As to where to start troubleshooting a pc that randomly reboots (note that you must run the pc for several days or until you notice it randomly rebooting again after each step):
        1) replace (or swap w/ another pc) the ram. If that doesn't work, goto 2.
        2) format and reinstall. If not fix, goto 3.
        3) Power supply replace/swap. In not fix, goto 4.
        4) disconnect everything from motherboard except hard drive and video (also remove all pci/isa/other cards. If not fixed, goto 5. Otherwise, one of those components is the problem.
        5) cpu swap/replace. If not fixed, goto 6.
        6) Motherboard may be bad.

KyferEz
        TheCarPCStore.com - Power Controllers (SDC), Inverters, Tank Circuit, GPS, OBDII, CarPCs, and more!
        PSU Wattage Calculator
        Electronics Calculators
        Copper Wire Data

Comment

this is the first signs of overdraw on your opus, try eliminating some of the load, suplimenting with a seperate power supply for a few accessories, or underclocking...
          MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Yeah i think its overdraw, how do i underclock a p4 2.4, i mean what setting sould i set it at. E.g. ??Fsb and what multiplier?, also can there be any sort of damage of underclocking.

Its a :

Mini atx mobo
            P4 2.4Ghz
            1x stick 256Mb DDR ram
            Full 3.5inch hd 40gb
            USB Gps Rikaline 6010

Comment

Originally posted by naveedh
              Yeah i think its overdraw, how do i underclock a p4 2.4, i mean what setting sould i set it at. E.g. ??Fsb and what multiplier?, also can there be any sort of damage of underclocking.

Its a :

Mini atx mobo
              P4 2.4Ghz
              1x stick 256Mb DDR ram
              Full 3.5inch hd 40gb
              USB Gps Rikaline 6010
              You aren't gonna unlock a P4.
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

y is that?

Comment

If you can't underclock, you can try running drives off of another 12v power supply to relieve the opus a little, just trigger the source from the opus & you'll never know the difference, but I would recommend common grounds. it may just be as simple as powering your dvd drive seperately, or you may need to remove another accessory or two, or just power a usb hub seperate from the opus, depends on how overloaded your opus is...

Comment

Iv got a pw-120v so how do i use that in conjuction with opus?

Comment

I think that power supply will need to be connected to a motherboard to function correctly, or at least see what it should from the mb & I don't know how you could piggieback it with the opus, although I intend on looking into doing something just like this, it shouldn't be to difficult, would just need a digram showing control & feedback wireing I guess....the easiest thing to do would be to just get a 12v supply triggered by a relay from the opus 12v output...

Comment

Originally posted by naveedh
                        y is that?
                        The P4s are multiplier locked.
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Fuk, at the mo its not possible 2 do any of those. So any other suggestions. Also this wouldnt damaging me opus or will it?

Comment

if you DID want to damage your opus, constanly overloading it to the point of shutdown is a good way to do it, I did some research on using multiple power supplies & the info. is readily available, I have seen diode isolation & resistors to stop the two from trying to "charge" each other & i have even seen one setup using mosfets that seems like the best way to do it.check here to see this, but again, THE EASIEST thing to do is get a 12v power supply & power it off a relay controlled by the opus, you can do this probably with stuff you might have laying around & even if you had to buy stuff it should be pretty inexpensive, I'll bet it's cheaper than replacing your opus

Comment

ok i have a 12v psu which is the pw-120v as i mentioned before. Can you tell me list of compenents i need to do it that relay way you suggested and can you please draw me a diagram. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X