Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car neons on house plug

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I know you can get convertors to power laptops on the cars 12v supply but can you do the reverse?

Have some car neons that I want to mount in the house (under a pool table to be exact) and would like to know if possible of the UK socket (240v I think)or alternatively run off the PC's PSU.

Don't fancy having them blow up in my face.

cheers

any 12V DC will work. You could even use a PC power supply ( as long as you jump the two pins to turn it on.. not sure which it is on an ATX, maybe someone can post to remind me.)
    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Like Custommx3 said, any 12V DC output wall plug will work. Just make sure the output has enough Amp to drive those light. I remember seeing the wall plug with cig lighter socket type output.
      If you use the PC PSU, look for the Yello and Black wire on the drive power connector. Yellow being + and black = -.
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Im referring to using a PC power supply as a stand alone. To getthe molex power working, you have to jump two wires on your ATX motherboard connector.
        2011 Nissan Frontier SL
        AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
        OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

http://forums.thatcomputerguy.us/lof...php/t1120.html
          I GIVE FREE HUGS!
          Buy Sell or Trade
          If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
          Thank you
          Forex
          Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

The only green one and ANY black one.

I'm pretty sure those neons dont draw alot of power. I have 3/4 for my streetglow kit, let a friend drive and he busted the front one GRR. I've been considering using the other 3 in my room as light instead of the regular bulb. Neons dont usually take much power to run, its just the converter from 12V DC to 2000VDC or something. Not sure what the numbers really are, but it has to make it a huge voltage number

EDIT: Bah too slow.

Comment

Working...
            X