Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnetix Wirring

Hey, quick question.

I plan on using 10 guage wire to connect the Carnetix to my battery, and 18 guage for the rest of my wirring, speakers, etc,

Should i put some sort of fuse in line before reaching the carnetix?

If so, what size fuse? (rating)

I plan to power my car pc, lcd monitor, and xm radio adapter(12v also) off of the carnetix.

Thanks,

Sean

25 amp fuse as close to the battery as possible. An inline fuse that's easy to change.
    ,./(0)3

'04 Canyon 4x4 pickup

[---PC on hold----working on external fiberglass "tool" box---]

Comment

The carnetix installation instructions say use a 10Amp fuse.

Comment

well....10A or 25A?

Comment

use what the instructions say (10A), this way you won't give the power supply more current than it can handle.

I would assume that the Carnetix has it's own (built-in 10A) fuse to protect it as well.
          Epia MII 10000 512MB RAM - 60 GB 2.5" Hard Drive -Opus 90 - Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Panasonic 8123 Slotload DVD burner - PCMCIA USB2.0 Card - Rikaline 6010 GPS - PS2 Micro Keyboard

Comment

alrighty, thanks!

Comment

10A fuse should be OK. You're really just protecting against a short in your supply wire from your battery to the P1260 with this fuse. The P1260 does have a built-in self-resetting fuse to protect its innards.

10GA wiring should be OK so long as your runs aren't outrageously long (<12ft-ish).
              MikeH

Comment

Mike,

If I get a carnetix and don't feel like installing it myself, what would you expect a random car audio installer to charge to install it?

Comment

ran it last night, simple as can be linden. ran a 10 guage wire with a 10 a inline fuse from walmart from the battery thru a grommit in my firewall, and then hooked everything up...no worries.

Comment

Working...
                  X