CarPC startup problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPC startup problem

Yo guys, my car pc is finally in and looks sweet but I got a problem. Last night it worked fine no problems, but this morning it won't startup. I have an Opus 150W on it and the green light on the back blinks but the computer just won't power up. Any ideas what could be a problem? Thanks.

This is what I got:

Biostar M7NCG Mobo
    Opus 150W modified for Biostar
    AMD Mobile Athlon XP 2.4
    SB Audigy 2 Soundcard PCI
    DVD/CD-RW Combo drive

Thanks.

Do you get any beeps or do the fans spin up? How about an output on the display?

Is it too hot/cold in the car for the puter to start?
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

Comment

Have you tried totaly reseting the opus *pull the fuse out wait about 5 seconds then put it back in*

Comment

Could also be temp related. My Opus 150 sometimes won't power on anything under 15F. Of course, running your h/d around that temp isn't a good idea either.....if it'll run at all. Most h/d are rated to work 41F and above.
        P4 2.4GHz, Intel mobo w/onboard sound & video, 128MB memory, 100GB Seagate Momentus laptop drive, Xenarc 700TSV 7" touchscreen, IRman using Girder, 150W Opus dc/dc psu, Alpine CDA-9835 h/u, MBQuart speakers, Infinity 15" sub, MTX amps.

Comment

Ahh, don't worry about hard drives. Been running it under 15F this past week. Would suspect the Opus as well. Check if its giving voltage out on any of the leads to the ATX Mobo connector.
          Mark

Car'Puter Project
          - Xenarc 700TSV
          - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
          - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
          - M2-ATX
          - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
          - Garmin 15H GPS
          - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

Yeah, I've done it too, but like I said, it's still not a good idea to run your drives that low a temp.
            P4 2.4GHz, Intel mobo w/onboard sound & video, 128MB memory, 100GB Seagate Momentus laptop drive, Xenarc 700TSV 7" touchscreen, IRman using Girder, 150W Opus dc/dc psu, Alpine CDA-9835 h/u, MBQuart speakers, Infinity 15" sub, MTX amps.

Comment

Ive got the same problem and I am getting 5v from the green wire on the 20 pin atx cable withe the keys out of the ignition (??)
              My BMW 2004 330i

Comment

Working...
              X