Opus 90W Problem: No led flash, doesn't power up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus 90W Problem: No led flash, doesn't power up

One week ago I built my CarPC in my super Fiat Panda.
    It was working right for one week, but last friday I pull out the jumper from the OPUS 90W for standby power because I don't like the standby power.

But now the powersupply doesnt work any more

Normally I saw the led blinking one time in 2.5 seconds, but now it doesnt flash anymore and the system doesn't power up . The fuse should be OK.

Anyone any suggestion?

How cold is it where you are? There's a problem with the OPUS 90watt not surviving in cold temperatures.

Have you tried unplugging the power for 30-60 seconds, then plugging it back in?
    Carputer progress meter: [-----|]
    Carputer gadget meter: [--|---]

Comment

This afternoon it was about 2 degrees Celcius above zero, but by night af few degrees below zero.

I have tried already to pull of the power for a few hours and pull out the 10A fuse, I have had the PC in home at about 20 C and afterwards back in the car, but the OK led doesnt give any signal, nothing.

Comment

Read this?

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34909
        My carputer

Old one

Comment

I read the postings overthere, but my OPUS given't any led flash, nothing, not in the beginning never, it's totally dead. Any suggestion?

Comment

You said the fuse should be good. Have you actually checked it?
            Rick S.

XP Pro SP2, Soyo P4RC350 MB, Nvidia FX5200, 320W PS, Inverter & uSDC20D, 2.4GHz CeleronD320, 512MB DDR, 30GB 3.5", Pioneer 106s Slot DVD, Linksys WMP54G WiFi, Lilliput 7" & 4" TFT LCD, Zippy EL610 Keyboard, Touchpad, Garmin GPS V

Comment

yes I checked the fuse, it has 0 ohm resistance with a multimeter, than the FUSE is OK I Think?

Comment

Zero is good. How is the power lead hooked up? Is it coming straight from the battery or being tied off of another circuit? Since you have no lights at all the first thing is check to see if you have 12V coming into the Opus. Could be another fuse if you're tied to the power for something else.
                Rick S.

XP Pro SP2, Soyo P4RC350 MB, Nvidia FX5200, 320W PS, Inverter & uSDC20D, 2.4GHz CeleronD320, 512MB DDR, 30GB 3.5", Pioneer 106s Slot DVD, Linksys WMP54G WiFi, Lilliput 7" & 4" TFT LCD, Zippy EL610 Keyboard, Touchpad, Garmin GPS V

Comment

12v lines and ground etc. is fully OK, I've checked that also. It worked before

Comment

In your first post you mentioned that it was working and then you removed a jumper for the standby power. Have you tried replacing it? I ask because I don't see any other mention of it.
                    Rick S.

Comment

I replaced it, but the problem wasnt solved.

Comment

Anyone another idea to try?

Comment

I noticed it locked up sometimes, I would have to disconnect it from the battery for about 1 min. Then it would work.

Comment

I've disconnected it from battery for more then one day, doesnt work

Comment

I don't own one but there seems to be a lot of posts lately related to problems with the 90W Opus. Maybe time to send it in if it's still under warranty.
                              Rick S.

Comment

Working...
                              X