Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput power supply problem

Hi All,

I have been putting together a car pc but have run into a small problem.
    Basically I have my laptop all setup with GPS etc and have just bought a 8" lilliput touch screen.

The problem is that I bought it 2nd hand and the car lighter adapter for the touch screen seems to be damaged. Why do I thinks its damaged well, I plugged it in and it started smoking so I'm guessing if it wasn't damaged before it is now.

So now I need to basically find some sort of replacement for it, does anyone know what the touchscreens power requirements are? Or even better know where I can get a replacement from.

Cheers
    Davinder

use a 12v stabilised power supply for testing, or a 7812 regulator ic

Comment

Cheers Harrie,

Do you reckon something like this will do the trick
      http://www.active-robots.com/product...ersupply.shtml
      (the 2 at the bottom of the screen)

cheers

Comment

800mA. That may be just enough. Check your 8" and make sure it doesn't use more than 800mA/.8A or 9.5W.
        Rick S.

XP Pro SP2, Soyo P4RC350 MB, Nvidia FX5200, 320W PS, Inverter & uSDC20D, 2.4GHz CeleronD320, 512MB DDR, 30GB 3.5", Pioneer 106s Slot DVD, Linksys WMP54G WiFi, Lilliput 7" & 4" TFT LCD, Zippy EL610 Keyboard, Touchpad, Garmin GPS V

Comment

Thanx everyone,

I ended up ringing the UK suppliers of lilliput who said they can supply me with a power adapter for £7. Which is not so bad.

So have placed my order and hope to be using my screen soon and this time I hope I don't blow up the adapter.

Davinder

Comment

Oh Kiddha Davinder! Tenu Xenarc lena chaeda si - Liliput ne tutjana jaldi!

Have: Via Epia M10000 1GHz|512Mb|20Gb|Slim slot-loading DVD-R|Carnetix P1280|RevCam|GPS|Illum’d keyboard|11g Wifi
            Waiting for: Xenarc TFT in-dash (haha!)

Comment

Working...
            X