X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments about Shutdown Controller Comparison

Regarding:
    http://carpc.kyferez.com/Products/Ho...isonChart.html

I'd like to clarify some of the comments in this chart regarding the uSDC20D.
    www.mpegbox.com/microsdc/

Connectors rated for Advertised Current:
    My connectors are Faston .25 inch automotive Spade Lugs and they will support more than 20 amps of current. My relay is rated at 25 amps and I de-rate to 20 to give some overhead. I also used extreme care to make sure my PCB traces will support peak current loads.

PC-Monitor:
    What your calling PC Monitor, I'm calling "On Sensing" This is an option on the uSDC20D and is a feature that comes with it. You have to wire up to it to use it. Not everyone needs it. You should use a diode to protect the uSDC, but if you know what your doing, you can connect to it with no external components.

Pre Tested before Shipment:
    My controllers are pre-tested before shipment. In fact part of the code they ship with contains a self-diagnostic routine that puts the controler in connectivity mode. You need an external test gig to loop back the connections. It will loop back every input and output and external LEDs will indicate whether the unit passes or fails. This is also part of the configuration process. The result is a lower cost unit for my customers, without sacrificing quality.

Indicator LEDs:
    I do only have one LED but is flashes at different rates to indicate different modes. This means a smaller solution for you.

How are you adjusting the Temperature range?
    Anyone who wants to order a custom one from me can have me adjust the range for him or her for a price. It is stored digitally and won't drift.

I might also another column that you donít include here is size. The uSDC20D is 1.85" Long by 1.5" Wide by 1" High. Many of our customers agree that Size Matters.

-Jeff
    MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
    www.mpegbox.com

www.mpegbox.com/microsdc/uSDC20D_size.jpg
    www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Why did you post this here? I ask at the top of my chart that you email me if there is anything incorrect...

I will make the requested changes to the chart to indicate what you have stated.

To answer the implied questions:
      Our Power Controllers have jumpers to digitally select and store the temp ranges. It also uses jumpers to digitally select and store the low voltage level. They do not drift either.

Our board is also small: 2.8" x 1.8"x.75" high (not including connectors).

Jeff, how hot do your PCB traces get at peak loads without circulating air?

KyferEz
      TheCarPCStore.com - Power Controllers (SDC), Inverters, Tank Circuit, GPS, OBDII, CarPCs, and more!
      PSU Wattage Calculator
      Electronics Calculators
      Copper Wire Data

Comment

By the way, the link Jeff provided is no longer valid. It is now http://www.thecarpcstore.com/link.ht...Chart v23.html

KyferEz
        TheCarPCStore.com - Power Controllers (SDC), Inverters, Tank Circuit, GPS, OBDII, CarPCs, and more!
        PSU Wattage Calculator
        Electronics Calculators
        Copper Wire Data

Comment

Originally posted by KyferEz
          By the way, the link Jeff provided is no longer valid. It is now http://www.thecarpcstore.com/link.ht...Chart v23.html

KyferEz
          I posted this here because I thought it needed clarification for any user who might have been mislead by it. I also wanted to add about the size which is one area that my product is better and none of the other products mention.

Regardless of how fair you try to be, you are still trying to sell your product better than the competition. You wan't it to look better then the rest and there is nothing wrong with that, one method is to "leave out the details" I just wanted to clarify, because you will be adding comments like: "needs external circuitry" for my stuff and not yours. You don't mention things like "requires you to hack open your inverter and splice into the power switch" in the comparison table even if you come right out and say it elsewhere.

I figured the fourms are as good a place as any to clarify and the customers will make their own choices.

You have been quite fair by the way and I applaud you for that!

-Jeff
          www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by KyferEz
            Jeff, how hot do your PCB traces get at peak loads without circulating air?

KyferEz
            Not hot at all, they are big planes of copper, not traces.
            www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by zootjeff
              I posted this here because I thought it needed clarification for any user who might have been mislead by it. I also wanted to add about the size which is one area that my product is better and none of the other products mention.
              Fair enough, just please make sure to email me too - I almost missed this thread then couldn't have made the changes...

Regardless of how fair you try to be, you are still trying to sell your product better than the competition. You wan't it to look better then the rest and there is nothing wrong with that, one method is to "leave out the details" I just wanted to clarify, because you will be adding comments like: "needs external circuitry" for my stuff and not yours. You don't mention things like "requires you to hack open your inverter and splice into the power switch" in the comparison table even if you come right out and say it elsewhere.
              I don't mention the inverter thing because I supply an inverter, and recommend it, because then you don't have to rip one apart _and_ you still have a warranty.

You have been quite fair by the way and I applaud you for that!
              Thank you

KyferEz
              PSU Wattage Calculator
              Electronics Calculators
              Copper Wire Data

Comment

I just measured the voltage drop across the uSDC20D under a 17 amp load.

There is 0.00224 ohms of resistance across the PCB traces in the board
                There is 0.01123 ohms of resistance across the supplied 20-amp Fuse and Relay.

The biggest source of resistance is the fuse! How about that.

-Jeff
                www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Working...
                X