No announcement yet.

no voltage from amp turn-on on M1-ATX??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no voltage from amp turn-on on M1-ATX??

Powered up the M1 to check and see if everything worked okay, and everything works except for the "amplifier enable" output. After reading the instructions, this feature should power an amplifier's remote turn-on feature. The jumper on the board has no voltage coming from it. We checked this using a volt-meter, and it reads zero. Is there anything we are missing here? It doesn't look like anything special is required; this jumper should just put out +12volts DC. The jumper is two pins; should both pins have voltage out of them, or just one?

When we bypass the M1 and put power dirrectly to the unit it powers up just fine???
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

bumpity bump bump?

going to call mini-box today, but wanted to try and get some help here too!
    Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

so I called Ituner this morning and naturally, their mailbox is full so I can't leave a message.....

HELP!!!

=]
      Jan Bennett

Comment

haven't actualy installed mine yet but since there isn't any jumpers or anything to set to enable it you may have a defective PSU, the other posibility is I noticed in the manual for the M1-AXT it says the amp remote on is optional, I wonder if some boards don't come with it? I would hope that's not the case since every place that i've seen sell it says it has that feature and it's one of the reasons I went with it.
        2005 Dodge Magnum RT, Samsung Galaxy Tab install

Comment

yeah - I will be royally ****ed if that's the case....not to mention I'm starting to get ****ed that I can't even get anyone on the phone over there....

looks like I'm going to have to buy another one and return the defective one.....****

btw - lucky you! you have a magnum.....I'm waiting to trade in my GTi on the SRT-8 version, hehehe
          Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
            yeah - I will be royally ****ed if that's the case....not to mention I'm starting to get ****ed that I can't even get anyone on the phone over there....

looks like I'm going to have to buy another one and return the defective
            Good luck geting him on the phoe. There is one guy and he is very buisy. I had the best lock in the mid afternoon. Do not plan on working with them agina unless I can not find another source for the parts. Found the EPIA M10000 at Frye's this weekend. Willprobably get it there when I do my next project.

Comment

ok - just talked to andrei actually, and he's sending me out a new one via 3 day saver so it should be here in two days. Hopefully this will fix the problem. He said that they were aware that the instructions were a little iffy.

Just to clarify:

the amp turn on waits 5 seconds after the computer has boosted up to send signal to turn on the amps. the two pins are a gound and a positive, left is positive - now which way you are looking at it to determine which way is left is a different story...lol
              Jan Bennett

Comment

Red,

After many hours messing with the J2 amp turn-on jumper, I've found that it seems to do absolutely nothing. The voltage that it puts out is negligible at best (~5mV) after a few seconds of power. I did test that the two pins do have continuity after about 3 seconds though, so I thought it might be a timed switch and attempted to wire +12V through one pin and the other leading to the amp. That led to a fried wire. Not sure if maybe one of those pins goes to ground after the start-up time, but I decided not to futz with it any more. The tech specs on the M1 state that all the 2-pin headers are polarized, so that should mean that one of those pins is +12V.

Emails and calls to mini-box went unanswered, so I opted for the Navone timed amp module and the ACC line from the ignition.

Good luck with the return... I have a feeling it isn't defective, just not implemented. If you get anywhere with mini-box/Ituner, let us know

EDIT: I just saw your latest post.. let us know if your new one works out and if so I'll send mine back to them as well.
                89 Supra Turbo

Comment

do you have a link to what you mentioned? the Navone thingy?

I'll be sure to post the experiences.....hopefully this isn't going to be a bad one in the end.....
                  Jan Bennett

Comment

Try sending them email. I got a same day response from them when I did that a few weeks back about their firmware. If I get a chance today, I'll comb over their firmware (I have only an older version) to see what it does related to the amp turn on. It's either going to raise a Digital IO line on the PIC high or low. From there, my guess is they use that output to just switch the unregulated input through to the Amp on header. I could be wrong about that though.
                    2004 4runner

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6

looks like I'm going to have to buy another one and return the defective one.....****

btw - lucky you! you have a magnum.....I'm waiting to trade in my GTi on the SRT-8 version, hehehe
                      heh, wanted to get an SRT-8, but was to impatient, and when I got mine in june there was still no offical confirmation if they would even make one.

guess i'm gona need to hook mine up and try it out now incase I do have a defective one too, don't want to find out when I get it all installed in the car that it doesn't work.
                      2005 Dodge Magnum RT, Samsung Galaxy Tab install

Comment

I did email them - haven't heard back from them....

I do need to find out what the voltage output of that pin is suppose to be though to find out if I need to put a relay in line to be able to handle the turn on of the processor and two amps.....
                        Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by rando
                          Try sending them email. I got a same day response from them when I did that a few weeks back about their firmware. If I get a chance today, I'll comb over their firmware (I have only an older version) to see what it does related to the amp turn on. It's either going to raise a Digital IO line on the PIC high or low. From there, my guess is they use that output to just switch the unregulated input through to the Amp on header. I could be wrong about that though.
                          Just received my M1-ATX today. May I ask how do I tell which firmware version I got?

My unit is obviously different to the photo on mini-box.com and mp3car.com store. The one in photo looks incomplete (with empty Cap slots) whereas mine has all the capacitors in place, plus mine has "brown" headers for the connectors as opposed to black inthe photo.

I also raised the amp turn-on question by email earlier few weeks ago but received no reply from mini-box. Hope mine unit will work....
                          Honda CRV Install:
                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...233#post390233

http://hihidamon.gfoto.com

Comment

Just an idea.....I dont have one of these power controllers, so I don't know. But I would guess that the amp turn-on pin may pull to ground to power on the amplifier. Hook up a multimeter set to Ohms <continuity check>, hook one lead to your amp turn-on pin of the power supply, and the other to ground. Then turn on the power controller, and see if resistance drops to 0 Ohms. If it does, simply use a relay to turn on your amps <connect 12V to one end of the relay's coil, and the other end to the power controller pin....then connect 12V to one side of the relay's contacts, and the normally open contact of the relay to your amp.>

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCamaro
                              Just an idea.....I dont have one of these power controllers, so I don't know. But I would guess that the amp turn-on pin may pull to ground to power on the amplifier. Hook up a multimeter set to Ohms <continuity check>, hook one lead to your amp turn-on pin of the power supply, and the other to ground. Then turn on the power controller, and see if resistance drops to 0 Ohms. If it does, simply use a relay to turn on your amps <connect 12V to one end of the relay's coil, and the other end to the power controller pin....then connect 12V to one side of the relay's contacts, and the normally open contact of the relay to your amp.>
                              If this is how it works will you have a pos and neg? As it won't matter if its just shorting the two wires out:

the two pins are a gound and a positive, left is positive - now which way you are looking at it to determine which way is left is a different story
                              Red
                              To find out which is pos/neg follow the circuit board back from the socket and look for something like a cap connected to it they are polarised and will tell you which is neg.
                              EPIA MII: 512m Ram: LinITX 8" Touch Screen: Carnetix P1290 PSU: 802b PCMCIA Wireless card: Slot DVD Player: Touchpad: Wireless Keyboard: BU303 GPS Mouse:
                              Win 2000: RoadRunner Front End: Michelin Mapstore GPS: Netstumbler:

Comment

Working...
                              X