Delayed On-Off Switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delayed On-Off Switch

Hi, i'm not so good with electronics so i have to really ask this here so i wont be walking in the dark:

Is it possible (i think it is) to get a cheap off-the-shelf circuit or relay or whatever-you-call-it that will let me just toggle off a switch button and it will wait a certain seconds of delay til it actually kills the line?

With this, i can just press the shutdown button of my CPU and i won't have to wait for the shutdown process to finish to press another switch to kill the line to the battery.
    carpc blog

The CarPC EZ Power Controller will do all that automatically, and much more.

If you don't want all that, then mounting a remote power button, or a remote serial port shutdown button and software will work. The problem with those is they don'e kill main power, so if the PC hanges during shutdown or you use an inverter, your battery will die.

It is just easier and more reliable to use one of our shutdown controllers.
    TheCarPCStore.com - Power Controllers (SDC), Inverters, Tank Circuit, GPS, OBDII, CarPCs, and more!
    PSU Wattage Calculator
    Electronics Calculators
    Copper Wire Data

Comment

What are you trying to turn off? An inverter or a DC-DC PSU? If you're trying to turn off the inverter, and I suppose even a DC-DC PSU, I would recommend building one of these. I built one this last week, a combination of post #3 and #5. Works fantastic, and pretty simple to make. You don't need much experince just be able to solder.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...t=ups+inverter

Comment

Originally posted by KyferEz
        The CarPC EZ Power Controller will do all that automatically, and much more.

Originally posted by TimmyM
        What are you trying to turn off? An inverter or a DC-DC PSU? If you're trying to turn off the inverter, and I suppose even a DC-DC PSU, I would recommend building one of these. ...

thanks guys, will consider building that and then if i cant get it to work, ill think about that shutdown controller. been thinking of buying one actually.

kyferEz, do you guys ship to the Philippines? do you accept bank transfer or western union payments?
        carpc blog

Comment

execute, We do ship to the Philippines. We have not explored either of those payment options, but would be willing to.

KyferEz
          TheCarPCStore.com - Power Controllers (SDC), Inverters, Tank Circuit, GPS, OBDII, CarPCs, and more!
          PSU Wattage Calculator
          Electronics Calculators
          Copper Wire Data

Comment

http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/TR7.html

It will do either a delayed start up with instant shut off or instant start up with delayed turn off.

Here is the .pdf file if you want to look at all the features and directions.

http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/tr7instr.pdf

Cheers

Comment

mestre, sure that could work, but it is lacking many many many features of our Power Controllers.

KyferEz
              PSU Wattage Calculator
              Electronics Calculators
              Copper Wire Data

Comment

Working...
              X