Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX Led

hi,

I'm having problems with my M1-ATX. I tried to find out what the led means, but couldnít find any reference to this. Except for a post by Rando stating that it should blink when only the 5v rail has power.

I connected the m1 to an epia me 6000 and when the switched connector gets power, the m1 led lights up, the board power led lights up, but nothing else appends. I measured the power at the Molex, and on the yellow I always get 0.726V and on the red always 0V.

Iím going to try right now the same setup with a regular atx power supply..
    Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
    Status -->
    Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
    BraveCar 2.5

Just to tell that the epia works fine with a standard atx psu.
    Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
    Status -->
    BraveCar 2.5

Comment

Here are the possibilities I can think of.

1) Incorrect or inadequate (size) supply wires to the M1-ATX
      2) Inadequate suppy - Were you using a battery or something else?
      3) Short circuit -- maybe at the screw holes or the bottom side of the board?
      4) Defective M1-ATX.
      2004 4runner

Comment

Tks Rando for the help,

1. I was using wire that is thicker than the wires mini-box supplied, but I will check with different/thicker cable.

2. For testing purposes, I had it connected to the cigarette lighter socket. Since its internal fuse is a 10A one, I guessed it wonít be a problem just to make a few tests. I will try to wire it directly to the battery.

3. I had it just sitting on top of one of those antistatic bags. But it was attached to the chassis before, on two of those motherboard stands.

Do you know what the led blinks mean? The manual ( witch I had to download btw ) don't even mention that the thing blinks.
        Status -->
        BraveCar 2.5

Comment

Assuming you have the older firmware, I believe the LED has 3 states.

1) OFF -- All power rails off
          2) Blinking -- +5VSB power rail on, others off
          3) Solid -- All power rails on.

If you have it configured HARDOFF=Never (i.e. standard ATX), then state 2 is what you'll get upon providing power to the PSU -- though it may momentary cycle all the rails once (I don't recall). After that it waits for the IGN line to go high and then after a short delay will pulse the power switch on your motherboard. Your motherboard will respond by pulling PSON (on the ATX connector) to ground. The M1-ATX will then enable all of the power rails. Once they've reached the correct voltages, the M1-ATX raises the PG (power good signal on the ATX connector). This lets the motherboard know it's ok to beging the boot process.

All of this should happen in less than 5s. Check your 2 wire connection to your motherboard power switch. Try turning it around the other way.
          2004 4runner

Comment

tks

I will try to connect the motherboard power switch both ways to see what appends.
            Status -->
            BraveCar 2.5

Comment

Working...
            X