Control switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control switch

I'm looking into building a switch in my center console as sort of a "control switch" or switches i should say. I would like a switch the lets you control an opus power supply to have it turn on with the ignition, turn on all the time and just be turned off. I would also like a reset switch. Has anyone wired anything like this? I'm curious what would be the best approach. Where can i get a 3 way switch for the power supply, and I'm assuming a reset switch is just a momentary switch. Also, how can i make the reset button "hidden" so i don't accidently restart the computer. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

thanks!
    Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Im looking for this too. Did you find a good thread? I had one at one time but searching for this is a pain with all the hits you get
    My BMW 2004 330i

Comment

I rigged a switch to my ACC line so I can make the computer think the car is off when it's on, so the computer wont boot (or will shutdown when I flip the switch off). But I haven't done anything to keep the computer running after turning off the car.
      A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag.

My Ride
      My New Page

Comment

M1-atx...

Well, you could theoretically run, say, CAT-5 wires (individually) to the headers on a board like the M1-ATX to control its behaviour, and wire up switches on the other end. Also, you can use a jumper to hook the PSU into the mobo's on/off switch line, and wire that up as well.

I briefly thought about doing this, but then decided it wasn't that important.

Comment

Working...
        X