• Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX not switching on motherboard

Just got the parts for my setup:

epia mii12000
    seagate 40gb 2.5"
    panasonic cw-8123
    m1-atx psu

I got a problem with the m1, it wont start up the motherboard. It is supplying power, i used a switch to short the mb pins and it started up straight away.

Just check that im doing this right - using the wire in the picture coneect one side to J6 on the m1, and the other side to the power on pins on the mainboard?
    Attached Files
    Epia MII12000, 256MB RAM, 40GB laptop HD, slim DVD/CDRW, M1-ATX, 8 in 1 card reader/writer, Pioneer indash screen (waiting for K301 touchscreen)

It will only work in one direction. Putting one end on the other way around.
    2004 4runner

Comment

what is your pin setting for the timer?

and how long are you waiting t see that it's not starting up?

are you sure that you are getting constant, ignition, and ground to the M1?
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

i was connecting to the power inputs on my amp for easy access. I put both the + and switch wires on the cable coming from the battery for testing, and the - to the ground on the amp. As i said it powers the board fine if i manually short the pins on the board so i think it has a good connection to ground, switch and positive.

i waited at least five minutes but didnt turn on. The timer setting is on the default (jumper in position B). could it be the a faulty wire? if i manually connect the pins on m1 to pins on the mainboard it should power up, right?

Rando: i tried changing both ends one at a time but still no luck. oh well ill give it another try see if it works.
        Epia MII12000, 256MB RAM, 40GB laptop HD, slim DVD/CDRW, M1-ATX, 8 in 1 card reader/writer, Pioneer indash screen (waiting for K301 touchscreen)

Comment

if the m1 doesnt get enough power it simply will not boot up. i had this issue when i was testing mine. make sure you have a good strong 12v source going to it. also make sure you have the wire connected to the correct pins on the m1. there is a connection to go to the mobo and one to an external power switch.
          System: AMD Duron 1200+ , 512 MB ram , usb sb mp3+ , Tview 7" touchscreen , M1-ATX PSU , Slot Load iMac DVD-Rom , 40 GB laptop HDD, netgear USB 802.11g

Progress: Installation: 90% Dash fabrication: 80%

Parts Needed: USB GPS

Comment

just got back in from the car to try again, and guess what? it worked straight away, weird eh? why do things never work first time? well atleast i can get on with setting up the rest of the system.

Thanks anyway for the suggestions guys

Comment

I have the same problem, but i'm pretty sure its an incompatiblity with the motherboard.
              Measured with a scope, the pulse comes from the M1, but it does not trigger the mobo (on or off). Polariity is not the issue in my case.
              I need to look further but my mobo probably wants a hard short circuit, rather than a logic level. Have emailed the manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
              X