Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xenarc MP users with ATX connection!!! Solution...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Xenarc MP users with ATX connection!!! Solution...?

    Ok so I was looking for a viable solution to the power issue and the lack of ATX connection disables us from using the 1260 or an Opus device to regulate the 12v coming from a battery... but after searching cafrefully I found this option which spits out 70W continous and 90 Peak and has 2 interchangeable connections in which, maybe just maybe (using the cigarette lighter option) we can power the pc and TS screen with no problems. Tell me what you think?

    Kensington AC/DC Air PS
    99 Grand Prix Grand Tigress
    HW
    Liliput 8in TS
    845GVD MITX w/ 2.4 Mobile P4M (478 MB)
    60GB 2.5" HDD
    MS MN-710 WifiG
    BT Deluo lite GPS
    IrDa PS/2 Keyboard
    SW:
    Win XP SP2
    RR
    IGuidance 4.0
    Zots day skin
    Proscan 4.0
    (100% Complete!)

  • #2
    looneeii,

    I have many Xenarc PC customers using the P1260 for the +12V MP-FL8. Which MP version do you have? If it requires +19V input, the P1900 is built just for that. Available next month.
    MikeH

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MikeH
      looneeii,

      I have many Xenarc PC customers using the P1260 for the +12V MP-FL8. Which MP version do you have? If it requires +19V input, the P1900 is built just for that. Available next month.

      I have the MP-SC1..
      99 Grand Prix Grand Tigress
      HW
      Liliput 8in TS
      845GVD MITX w/ 2.4 Mobile P4M (478 MB)
      60GB 2.5" HDD
      MS MN-710 WifiG
      BT Deluo lite GPS
      IrDa PS/2 Keyboard
      SW:
      Win XP SP2
      RR
      IGuidance 4.0
      Zots day skin
      Proscan 4.0
      (100% Complete!)

      Comment


      • #4
        According the their website, the Xenarc MP-SC1 uses +12V @ 60 watts. That would work well with the P1260. You may have to install an external relay similar to THIS to make the ACPI (startup/shutdown) work.
        Attached Files
        MikeH

        Comment


        • #5
          after reading all that I wonder if I can still just run the Kensington cigarette lighter option for both screen and PC and my PC will still stay on until I power it off, crank or otherwise.. I mean getting and soldering the 1260 is ok but I would like to avoid this if possible....note I can relocate my cigarette light 12v (in which I have 2 in my GP) to be out of sight for the PC and screen.
          99 Grand Prix Grand Tigress
          HW
          Liliput 8in TS
          845GVD MITX w/ 2.4 Mobile P4M (478 MB)
          60GB 2.5" HDD
          MS MN-710 WifiG
          BT Deluo lite GPS
          IrDa PS/2 Keyboard
          SW:
          Win XP SP2
          RR
          IGuidance 4.0
          Zots day skin
          Proscan 4.0
          (100% Complete!)

          Comment


          • #6
            Unless I've overlooked something obvious...I don't see where it states it's power capacity (70w or 90w)...?? Plus, for less money the P1260 gives you a startup/shutdown controller, plus several other features the Kensington doesn't. You are correct, merely plugging into a cig outlet is a much simpler install.
            MikeH

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MikeH
              Unless I've overlooked something obvious...I don't see where it states it's power capacity (70w or 90w)...?? Plus, for less money the P1260 gives you a startup/shutdown controller, plus several other features the Kensington doesn't. You are correct, merely plugging into a cig outlet is a much simpler install.
              Well i'll find where it gives 70W and 90W peak, and the P1260 looks tempting but the install would be as indicated in that PDF with the addition of the pig tail and switch connection? Anything else?
              99 Grand Prix Grand Tigress
              HW
              Liliput 8in TS
              845GVD MITX w/ 2.4 Mobile P4M (478 MB)
              60GB 2.5" HDD
              MS MN-710 WifiG
              BT Deluo lite GPS
              IrDa PS/2 Keyboard
              SW:
              Win XP SP2
              RR
              IGuidance 4.0
              Zots day skin
              Proscan 4.0
              (100% Complete!)

              Comment


              • #8
                The external relay is the only thing I'm aware of that some of the Xenarc/Sumicom PCs need for external accepting an ACPI pulse.
                MikeH

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MikeH
                  The external relay is the only thing I'm aware of that some of the Xenarc/Sumicom PCs need for external accepting an ACPI pulse.

                  so just an on off switch?
                  99 Grand Prix Grand Tigress
                  HW
                  Liliput 8in TS
                  845GVD MITX w/ 2.4 Mobile P4M (478 MB)
                  60GB 2.5" HDD
                  MS MN-710 WifiG
                  BT Deluo lite GPS
                  IrDa PS/2 Keyboard
                  SW:
                  Win XP SP2
                  RR
                  IGuidance 4.0
                  Zots day skin
                  Proscan 4.0
                  (100% Complete!)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yes, if you don't want to use the startup/shutdown on the P1260 you could still use the Xenarc's On/OFF switch....is this what you mean?
                    MikeH

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MikeH
                      Yes, if you don't want to use the startup/shutdown on the P1260 you could still use the Xenarc's On/OFF switch....is this what you mean?

                      I meant is this pic number one the circled switch on pic 2?
                      Attached Files
                      99 Grand Prix Grand Tigress
                      HW
                      Liliput 8in TS
                      845GVD MITX w/ 2.4 Mobile P4M (478 MB)
                      60GB 2.5" HDD
                      MS MN-710 WifiG
                      BT Deluo lite GPS
                      IrDa PS/2 Keyboard
                      SW:
                      Win XP SP2
                      RR
                      IGuidance 4.0
                      Zots day skin
                      Proscan 4.0
                      (100% Complete!)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        check out the epic designs systems www.epicdesigns.ca

                        they work with carnetix power supplies, and are a flawless match.

                        Vince

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          looneeii,

                          Oh, now I understand your question. The answer is NO. The switch you circled is an optional "valet" switch that lets you prevent your CarPC from starting with the Ignition switch if you are letting someone else drive your car (ie carwash). The relay is described HERE in our forum. It's a bit tricky to install, but Vince and his guys at Epic Designs have done a great job of putting this in his installs for quite some time.
                          MikeH

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Vinister
                            check out the epic designs systems www.epicdesigns.ca

                            they work with carnetix power supplies, and are a flawless match.

                            Vince
                            So I'd need an epic pc, what do they run for?
                            99 Grand Prix Grand Tigress
                            HW
                            Liliput 8in TS
                            845GVD MITX w/ 2.4 Mobile P4M (478 MB)
                            60GB 2.5" HDD
                            MS MN-710 WifiG
                            BT Deluo lite GPS
                            IrDa PS/2 Keyboard
                            SW:
                            Win XP SP2
                            RR
                            IGuidance 4.0
                            Zots day skin
                            Proscan 4.0
                            (100% Complete!)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MikeH
                              looneeii,

                              Oh, now I understand your question. The answer is NO. The switch you circled is an optional "valet" switch that lets you prevent your CarPC from starting with the Ignition switch if you are letting someone else drive your car (ie carwash). The relay is described HERE in our forum. It's a bit tricky to install, but Vince and his guys at Epic Designs have done a great job of putting this in his installs for quite some time.
                              Nice diagram but I wonder where I can get the relay to do it and what is in blue?
                              Attached Files
                              99 Grand Prix Grand Tigress
                              HW
                              Liliput 8in TS
                              845GVD MITX w/ 2.4 Mobile P4M (478 MB)
                              60GB 2.5" HDD
                              MS MN-710 WifiG
                              BT Deluo lite GPS
                              IrDa PS/2 Keyboard
                              SW:
                              Win XP SP2
                              RR
                              IGuidance 4.0
                              Zots day skin
                              Proscan 4.0
                              (100% Complete!)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X