Carnetex jumper settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnetex jumper settings

Can any1 help. Is there a way to power with Carnetix without linking it to the ignition swich. I have a swich wired in on the power cable so i want to use that to turn the pc on rather than cutting into the ignition cable.

If there is a way to connect it to the ignition with out cutting into the cable that would also be cool

Have a 2004 ford focus if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Does any1 know if this is possible?

Comment

Do you have an amp with "remote on"?

Maybe wire it to that?
      Have: Via Epia M10000 1GHz|512Mb|20Gb|Slim slot-loading DVD-R|Carnetix P1280|RevCam|GPS|Illum’d keyboard|11g Wifi
      Waiting for: Xenarc TFT in-dash (haha!)

Comment

No i'm not using a amp i'm taking the output of the pc to the AUX in of the head unit.

Comment

Originally posted by mdray00
          Can any1 help. Is there a way to power with Carnetix without linking it to the ignition swich. I have a swich wired in on the power cable so i want to use that to turn the pc on rather than cutting into the ignition cable.

If there is a way to connect it to the ignition with out cutting into the cable that would also be cool

Have a 2004 ford focus if that makes a difference.

Thanks
          You can use tap in connectors. they cut the wire ever so slightly once removed however you cannot tell the difference. I wouldn't touch any load-supporting wires by the way, simply ones like the radio ACC ON that are used to signal something to switch on.
          Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
          Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Working...
          X