Powering a Mac Mini Carputer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering a Mac Mini Carputer

I recently bought a mac mini and plan to use it as a mobile computer as well as carputer. My biggest concern is over powering it. Many posts have suggested that a standard dc-ac inverter will not suffice. Am I mistaken in inferring that this is only because of wake issues? (I.E. getting the mac to come on with ignition?)
    If this is the case, I'm fine because I can wait until AFTER I start the car to turn on the inverter and then the mac mini. Or is the issue with the ebb of power that can occur posing problems for stable performance? I cant see this being the case, as the mini consumes so little power...
    any input is appreciated
    Carputer status: [-*---------]
    Im thinking laptop...

shizzle,

From what I understand a standard inverter will work fine. There are several other posts of people using them. Check out the MacCar threads

However, next month we'll be introducing the P1900, a DC-DC retulator which is designed to power the Mac mini and includes a startup/shutdown controller, and a secondary power output for your screen.. You can read more about it and the cable splicing that will be required HERE and HERE.

Good luck!
    MikeH

Comment

Working...
    X