M1-ATX power down problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX power down problem

my m1-atx is not sending the power down signal to my winxp setup. It does fine turning the computer on, but when i turn the ignition off, the m1-atx waits 45 seconds then cuts goes with the "hard" off.

Do I have a defective part
    My OLD carputer page
    My NEW carPC

Via Epia M10000, 512 PC2100, Opus 150, 8" lilly touch, 320 GB 7200 WD Caviar

what jumper settings are you using

Comment

Which mobo? I have this problem because my mobo swicth input is incompatible. I had to create a small relay circuit.

Does the mobo switch on if you use a manual switch?
      Do you have any instruments to look for the pulse from the M1 (scope or maybe DVM)?

Comment

jumper settings: 5sec/45 hardoff,

I have a 2001 azza btx 693 mobo, very little documentation becuase it was from ebay

it was $27 for processor mobo heatsink fan and ram

I'm also haveing startup issues, i don't know if they are related:
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ghlight=win+xp
        My OLD carputer page
        My NEW carPC

Via Epia M10000, 512 PC2100, Opus 150, 8" lilly touch, 320 GB 7200 WD Caviar

Comment

You may want to try the new firmware. Directions on how to get it are here http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...35&postcount=1

Comment

This problem is not related to the firmware revision bugs.

Comment

This sounds like you don't have an ACPI compliant BIOS or your system is otherwise not configured to listen to power button presses. Using an normal ATX supply, does your computer shutdown when your press the power button? If not, you need to get that worked out before the M1-ATX is going to work right.

Once you get that fixed, you should request the new firmware also since there are some subtle bugs in the version you are using that might cause you future problems.
              2004 4runner

Comment

Working...
              X