Morex 60/80W Car Power Kit Regulator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morex 60/80W Car Power Kit Regulator

My morex 60w car kit fried up and I bought another one off the board. But, the one I bought is just the standard 60w power supply without the plug for the regulator, is there an easy way I can reuse the morex regulator that I already have on the new power supply I got? In other words, does any body know what each wire corressponds to? Thanks
    Carputer Progress:
    [!!'-------] 25%
    have to fabricate screen mount

have to start over, lilliput died, 1st laptop broke, have to sell the 2nd one. damn

I bought a 80W kit for the car which included a regulator.. then i blew it up

so i bought a morex case with a 60W power supply built in for $130 which is about the same price as the power suppoy kit itself.. I just used that power suppoy and used the old regulator and put it inside the case and it works fine..

i hope that helps

ps: it does have jumpers for the regulator.. you just gotta take a jumper off for the 240V to make it 12V with the regulator.. just buy another regulator if you need to.. it's more worth it.
    CAR INFO HERE
    "He who dies with the most toys, wins".

Comment

the 12v 60w power supply from morex that comes without the regulator has a similar pcb but does not have a plug for the regulator that is offered with the car kits. the regulator has 4 wires coming out of it, a white, black, orange, and red. i need to know where to hoow those up so that my new ps will be regulated
      Carputer Progress:
      [!!'-------] 25%

have to start over, lilliput died, 1st laptop broke, have to sell the 2nd one. damn

Comment

i beg to differ.. the 60 watt power supply has jumpers where the regulator would normaly be on the 80W model. You take the jumper off and put the regulator on instead. Works fine with any of the power supplies.
        CAR INFO HERE

Comment

well i guess the one that i got is an older model without the plug for the regulator, any help with that
          this is the one i just got:

and the car kit one:
          Carputer Progress:
          [!!'-------] 25%

Comment

ahh ok.. this is the one i got in my case which is 60W which has a jumper on it

this was the 80W one i blew up

and this was the regulator I saved from the 80W one and used on the 60W one

CAR INFO HERE

Comment

Try contacting Morex, mini-box, or iTuner; they might be able to help you out since they sell those kits, IIRC. Another option is to replace the 60W unregulated supply/12V regulator with the newer fully regulated M1-ATX supply. This newer board includes a shutdown controller and is the same size and shape as the Morex 60W so it will fit nicely in your case.
              2004 4runner

Comment

Working...
              X