Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3Car Store Controller

http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...6af5a15a481e5d

Is anyone using this? Is there any reason it couldn't be used as a controller to an inverter - turning on/off an inverter and thus the PC PSU power?
    Fabricator

does your inverter turn on and off like a computer?

'cause mine has a toggle switch....and from what I read this just sends a pulse to the power button.
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

you could still use that though, just make it shutdown the computer via the softbutton, and just use a 40A auto relay to control the inverter. so when it turns off the power it turns off the 40A relay.
      肚子笑痛了
      S60 Install

Comment

If you read the quick overview here, it states that in addition to switching on the PC it turns on a 12V circuit and is rated for 20 amps. Sounds ideal for inverter applications.
        Fabricator

Comment

Originally posted by jcdillin
          you could still use that though, just make it shutdown the computer via the softbutton, and just use a 40A auto relay to control the inverter. so when it turns off the power it turns off the 40A relay.
          You beat me to the submit post button. I have a SFF Optiplex GX-150 with only a 150 Watt PSU I was hoping to skip the relay and safely assume it'll never draw 20 amps.
          Fabricator

Comment

ehh, even though mine never went near 20 amps, the sparking from everytime the relay contacted took out my first 20A relay then I switched to 40A did not see another problem

mine was a 100watt PSU with a 300watt APC inverter
            肚子笑痛了
            S60 Install

Comment

Well I'm trying to make this one a budget <$500 system, and hoping to omit the external relay altogether since that controller 12V turn-on circuit alone is rated for 20 amps.
              Fabricator

Comment

can't hurt to try it
                肚子笑痛了
                S60 Install

Comment

Working...
                X