M1-ATX Question HardOff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX Question HardOff

I have a question about what is the Hardoff used for on the M1-ATX. What is the purpose of it?

rather then sending a signal to the mobo to do a soft power shutdown. Lets say you have the system set up to go into hibernation on soft power off. If a program crashed.....your screwed.
    PC Components:
    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
    My work log

Comment

Ok I can get that, but what is the point of having it do it 2 hours after shutdown?

Comment

meh, i dont know.......dont own an m1
        PC Components:
        Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
        My work log

Comment

Hmmm I am reading the instructions that came with it and they are not real clear on this. But I am wondering if this was designed so that you could put the computer in sleep mode for up to 2 hours or what ever setting you put the hardoff jumper at, rather than hibernate. Maybe Andrew will see this and respond or Rando those two seem to know whats up with the M1-ATX from what I have read so far.

Comment

Andrewb is the ultimate source since he works for iTuner.

I think johnnyutah36 has the right idea though. The hardoff delay is the amount of time the PSU will wait before it shuts down all power rails; regardless of what the computer is doing (on, sleep, off, hibernate, whatever). It's really up to you what you do with it but it helps to think of it as a safety net.

The offdelay is the time the PSU waits until it pulses the power button on your motherboard. Absent of the hardoff delay, the PSU will continue to supply power on all rails (indefinitely) until the motherboard signals a shutdown by letting the PSON ATX signal go high. Depending on your system configuration and the proper function of your application, this may never happen. Even when it does, the the PSU will continue to supply power to the +5VSB rail (indefinitely) unless the hardoff timer expires and subject to the low battery threshold.
            2004 4runner

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyutah36
              I have a question about what is the Hardoff used for on the M1-ATX. What is the purpose of it?
              It's for reversing your Hardon.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

M1-atx

Johnny what setting did you finally go with? I'm having problems with mine. I shutdown in windows 2000. 5 seconds later...it starts up AGAIN! I had my jumper on C...but now I moved to B. hopefully I won't have that problem again.

BTW, a question to anyone.. What do you guys mean by soft off and hard off?
                My 2000 Accord Project

Comment

Ok....I moved the jumper and same thing. Actually if i shut down from Centrafuse...it restarts. If I shut down through windows it doesn't. Even with no pin config. on the M1-ATX. If i turn the key off...shouldn't it powerdown safely? It doesn't!!
                  My 2000 Accord Project

Comment

check your jumper settings on the PSU...also check your BIOS startup or power settings...BIOS can give you options for different power states, for example, restart on power loss...or restart when power button pressed...or shut down when power button pressed, etc
                    CarPC #3: 99% Complete
                    Pentium M 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM
                    DVD/CD-RW installed in dash below monitor
                    OEM LCD relocated for 7" Touchscreen
                    Wi-Fi, GPS, PS2 controllers...
                    500+ full albums
                    4,000+ video games
                    music videos, movies, & more!
                    old carPC

Comment

Because it is in mode 0 I use a switch to turn it off and on I am worried about the 5VSB drainign my battery if my car sits for a week or somethinglike that. I'm just curious if in that mode if the batery goes below 11v will the thing will still do a hard off. The manual is not clear.

Comment

Working...
                      X