M1-ATX owner information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX owner information

I recently brought a M1-ATX to power my pentium 3 733 with agp video card, pci sound card and 2 hard drives.

The m1 didnt have enough power to power this, and with multiple emails to mini-box i still haven't gotten a solution.

Now i'm nearly ready to go about buying a VIA EPIA MII12000 which would most likely be running USB mouse and USB hub, USB GPS, slimline dvd and 2 3.5" hard drives.

Now do you think that the m1-atx will run this setup as i dont want to go about buying stuff like that if all i have to do is buy a new power supply to run my setup i have already.

What do you think? Sell the m1-atx and get a power supply for the Pentium 3 733 that i have now or keep the m1-atx and buy a more suited pc for in car application?

thanks

The dual 3.5" hard drives might be problematic for the M1. If you're going to power a 7" LCD (~800mA) from the M1 also, then for sure you'll be over the limit (2A) on the 12V rail. Though more expensive, 2.5" drives are preferred. They run off the 5V rail where the M1-ATX can do upto 10A.
    2004 4runner

Comment

Yea the 12v regulated rail is there just so you can run at least one full size drive. I have mine runing my m10k, slimline dvd rom, 256 meg of ram, full size 20 gig hd, all the usb ports are used, dlink wifi pci card. Mine works good even on the days that the temp was like -15F.

Comment

M1-atx

The M1-ATX is giving me a headache!!!!! I have no safe shutdown and once in a while...when i shutdown my system....it starts back up! errrrrr....Does anyone else have a solution to this?
        My 2000 Accord Project

Comment

I assume you configured your jumpers on it?..

I have mine for 5- 30: 5 seconds to shutdown 30 seconds to hard off.. or maybe it's 60 I forget.. and if I shutdown manually.. and then turn my key off, it will startup for a second .. but then shutdown during POST.. no big deal to me..

I find it to be a great PSU ..

I run 1 7200 3.5 inch drive (I foudn it can run 2 fine.. one needs to be 5000 rpm though)
          USB stuff, and wifi and firewire cards .. and some additional case fans.. works like a champ for me..
          Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

If you're going to power a 7" LCD (~800mA) from the M1 also, then for sure you'll be over the limit (2A) on the 12V rail.
            I have wired and fused the lcd seperatly so thats all good.

i think the motherboard i have combinded with the video and sound card just is too much for the M1. If i can find a cheap motherboard with onboard sound and vid i might try that and see if i have better luck.

Comment

Originally posted by version
              I have wired and fused the lcd seperatly so thats all good.

i think the motherboard i have combinded with the video and sound card just is too much for the M1. If i can find a cheap motherboard with onboard sound and vid i might try that and see if i have better luck.
              I was referring to how it would work with your proposed VIA system. The dual 3.5" drives may be problematic.
              2004 4runner

Comment

Originally posted by version
                Now i'm nearly ready to go about buying a VIA EPIA MII12000 which would most likely be running USB mouse and USB hub, USB GPS, slimline dvd and 2 3.5" hard drives.
                2 3.5" drive? One is more than enought. If you want dual, get 2.5" instead.

If you add all the ampage use on the 12V to see you still under the M1 limit, then use dual drive.
                2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

DK888 I had that problem where it would reboot after shut down, I managed to trace it to a crappy USB Belkin wireless adapter, unplugged it and I no longer have that problem.

So it could be something like that.
                  System:
                  256Mb, PIII 533 on a Hyph01 PCI sized mobo (Lan/Sound/GFX)
                  M1-ATX PSU
                  250GB Hdd

USB:
                  Haicom GPS
                  Belkin Wireless

Case:
                  Installed in an old NTL box, (best thing for it)

Screen:
                  LinITX 7"

Comment

Thanks james and neon...well i have tried 5 sec/ 45 sec and 5 sec/ 2hrs. What does it mean by shutdown and hard off? If i shut down through windows, it sometimes restarts...sometimes not. If i turn the key off...it will say shutting down windows.then it will shut off. and then sometimes after that...it will start up again. No key in the ignition!!! Once it's on...it will stay on...and sometimes it will shut off in the middel of the "reboot" or so it seems. I spoke to the company that I purchased it from and he said that it might be some sort of flash or rom problem. This powersource has been acting up like this for many. I've had the Pw200 with the Mobile ITPC..and that shut down fine. If this problem persists...I might go back to that unless you guys have a solution. Here is my setup. M2 10000/M1ATX/40gig 3.5 ide/256ram/7in touchscreen and a wifi card. i have a jumper from the PSU to the Mb for power up. and a jumper from the powersource to my two amps. I have a gps, touchscreen and dvd/cdrw in my ups ports. NO HUB. from the PSU..i have + to the battery, - grounded and SW to my car's radio aux on wire. I'm very close to putting my fist thru the monitor b/c it's frustrating me! please help. Btw..Neon eddy..if you system restarts and shutsdown again..isn't that bad? if i hear anything from that guy i'll let you know. James..i'll unplug my gps and wifi card and see what happens....
                    My 2000 Accord Project

Comment

well.. if you shutdown via windows..a nd not your ignition .. all the M1 does is simulate you pushing the power button .. so if you shut it down and then turn off the key.. it will start back up ..

hard off means it kills all power to the board..

mine acts up from time to time.. like today it never turned on.. but after I got home it turned on when I turned the truck off.. it muist have missed the start command..
                      Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

What do you need dual 3.5s for???? Why not just one?
                        Another Novice?
                        Progress so far <-------*-> 88%
                        Kenwood MPV5025 with Aux
                        Via MII10000
                        512MB Ram
                        LG Slim DVD\CDRW
                        Xenarc 700TS
                        M1ATX
                        Pharos GPS
                        SYBA USB2.0 4-port Hub
                        Bufalo 54Mbs Wirelessb/g PCMCIA card

Comment

This shouldn't be Neon....the M1-ATX isn't the best of the best..but it's supposed to be good. OK...hardoff you say. Well, If I just cut the ignition off, it will shutdown and then restart everytime. But when it boots up..it says Active Desktop Recovery. So I'm assuming that it wasn't such a safe shutdown. I have my eye on the opus but that's alot more. Btw, how is centrafuse working for you? I love it...but there's alot of bugs.
                          My 2000 Accord Project

Comment

Where are you getting the IGN signal from? I also had a problem using the one from the stereo to the amps.
                            System:
                            256Mb, PIII 533 on a Hyph01 PCI sized mobo (Lan/Sound/GFX)
                            M1-ATX PSU
                            250GB Hdd

USB:
                            Haicom GPS
                            Belkin Wireless

Case:
                            Installed in an old NTL box, (best thing for it)

Screen:
                            LinITX 7"

Comment

What do you need dual 3.5s for???? Why not just one?
                              i got one 20 gig as the os drive and one 120gig with all movies/mp3 etc on. the 120 is close to being full so no other choice to have to. might buy a laptop drive though. also got a motherboard from work today which has onboard sound and vid so gonna see how i go running that with the M1 compared to the other MB i was using.

Comment

Working...
                              X