M1-ATX amp function

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX amp function

Is there anyone who uses this function? I connected my AMP to it and it has a startup delay but when i shut down the computer the AMP does not turn off before the PC and I get a big bang. What is wrong?
    Epia M-800
    160GB HDD
    256MB RAM
    Slim DVD
    Morex Case, M1-ATX
    GPS Mouse
    Bluetooth
    WiFi
    OBD II
    Liliput 7" Touch

Are you saying you are running your amp direct from the same ATX power supply that feeds your PC?
    www.streetrace.co.uk - The UK's best modified car club (With lots of 16/17/18 year olds for scouse to abuse)

Comment

Andy, I have this problem too. I am not sure if the new pic corrects this, i hope so.

Comment

na .. he's using the amp delay line to avoid the thump on startup.

I'm thinking of just using the 12v line on the PSU for the switched line.. that way it should all shutdown at the same time..

or I bet putting a larger 12v capasitor would help soak up the thump .. instead if going off instantly there would be a slower power down.. only miliseconds slower.. but enough to maybe lessen the thump on shutdown ..
        Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

If you wire the remote turn-on to your ACC/switched connection on your M1 then the amp(s) will turn off before the M1 completes the shutdown/hibernate/standby process and eliminate the thump.
          89 Supra Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by drait
            If you wire the remote turn-on to your ACC/switched connection on your M1 then the amp(s) will turn off before the M1 completes the shutdown/hibernate/standby process and eliminate the thump.
            I have it like that and I still get the thump when shutting off

Comment

I'm gonna try doing it off of the 12v line on the PSU today.. IU'll let ya know if that helps.. but you may have a messed up PIC or something on the board..
              Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

Originally posted by boostedGT-S
                I have it like that and I still get the thump when shutting off
                Then you, like me, probably need to diode-isolate that line, so that voltage isn't fed back through it, powering the amp.

If amp power == 0 when M1 is in shutdown, there's no way for the 'thump' to come through.
                89 Supra Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by neon_eddy
                  I'm gonna try doing it off of the 12v line on the PSU today.. IU'll let ya know if that helps.. but you may have a messed up PIC or something on the board..
                  The 12V lines from the PSU are constant all the way until the PC shuts down or goes into hibernation. This will most likely result in the same shutdown thump. The idea is to turn off the amp(s) first, before the PC shuts down.
                  89 Supra Turbo

Comment

I'm had the same problem...but since i've wired my amps to the PSU. It eliminated the "POP". Only problem I've been having but is unrelated and yet no help is. When I have no safe shutdown. Anybody know a good config for this?
                    My 2000 Accord Project

Comment

Working...
                    X