Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kit for direct battery connection to trunk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit for direct battery connection to trunk?

Hey.. I got a DC-DC power supply here from mp3car.com and now I need to wire it direct to the battery.. however, the PC is in the trunk of my Eclipse. Since I'm lazy, I'd like to get as plug-and-play of a kit as I can for this step, and I've found this car pc power kit. I like that it has the right terminals/hardware but I realize it probably includes a bunch of stuff I don't need (like the audio cables.. I'm already set there.)

Is there a wiring kit anyone here recommends?
    Epox EP-3VWB+ w/VIA C3 750MHz
    Crystalfontz 632 16x2 LCD
    DWW-7VGA 7" Indash VGA w/Touchscreen
    Garmin GPS 18 USB
    Terk XMD1000 XM Tuner (My VB6 Class)
    Scantool.net ElmScan ISO (My VB6 Class)
    PSK-3100 Traveller Keyboard

That is fine. Most amp wiring kits come with the RCA wires which you probably don't need. I just bought a kit from wal mart, you can buy on their website too. Should be less than $30 shipped.
    EPIA MII-1200, 512 MB Ram, Seagate 7200 RPM 160GB hard drive, Orinoco Gold with 5.5 dB external antenna, Lilliput 7" TS, DVD-ROM, M2-ATX, Rikaline 6010 GPS, Running Frodo Player
    My Truckputer

Comment

It's not too hard to wire your battery. The hardest part is running the wires -which you'll have to do with those kits anyways. Otherwise - two crips on the end of the wires is all you need. Has anyone ever run the wirers through the frame of the car?

Comment

knukonceptz.com

i would suggest - for the sake of future upgradablility - to get 2 4-8awg distribution blocks, 4 awg wire and the correct terminals for grounding. you will also need a inline fuseholder for 4 awg wire for your amp setup.

This will allow you to add things such as an amp or power invertor without having to run wire AGAIN and it will save you allot of time and money in the long run. The distribution block allows you to have multiple items off of one wire. You will need a FUSED distribution block for the positive wire and you'll need a standard block for the ground wire.

-lakorai

Comment

i would think a 40amp fuse would be way overkill....this is just a relabeled amp kit
          PC Components:
          Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
          My work log

Comment

Wouldn't running a inverter and a amp from the same wire cause buzzing sound in the audio?

Comment

he said amp OR power inverter.......he also mentioned the FUSED distrobution block.......if everything is properly grounded this is no different then running seperate cables from the battery......so to answer your question....no
              PC Components:
              Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
              My work log

Comment

Oh ok. That makes sense. It sounds like a good idea. So to do this I would need to run a cable from the positive terminal of the battery into the trunk then into the fused distributor. And for the ground just connect it to my trunk lid and then to the normal distributor? Then from there to amp or inverter?

Comment

Originally posted by imaxorz
                  Oh ok. That makes sense. It sounds like a good idea. So to do this I would need to run a cable from the positive terminal of the battery into the trunk then into the fused distributor. And for the ground just connect it to my trunk lid and then to the normal distributor? Then from there to amp or inverter?
                  Correct
                  www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

So could I use this one http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=263-690 for the positive cable running from the battery. And then use this one http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=265-800 from grounding things?

Also about the positive one. It says it has four 4ga. inputs? Does that mean I have to have four wires? Or is that optional if you are running something with a lot of power,a nd I can just use one.

Comment

Working...
                    X