5.5V 2.2W Power Supply???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.5V 2.2W Power Supply???

I have an odd power requirement. I need a 5.5V 2.2A power supply. I've already built a 5v 6A power supply (using a PT6625) and now I guess I need another one.

The PT6625 will need to remain at the same output (it is driving 2 powered hubs).

Someone please help. I would assume I can use an LM1084 with some resistors and caps. Please be specific if making a suggestion, I'm not an electrician or an engineer - thanks!

-HD

Originally posted by joshthepilot
    You can hit up radio shack for their variable voltage regulator. It can do up to 1.5 amps which meets your 2.5Watt specs. It uses 2 resistors to set the voltage. Bring a calc with you because I think it says on the back the simple formula. Then you can buy the resistors at the same time.
    Thanks for the answer...

Oh Crap - I meant 2.2 Amps...I'm assuming if my device pulled that many amps of this regulator, it would burn out regardless of the size of the heatsink...?

-HD

Comment

whats wrong with using the same ic (PT6625) for the 5.5 volt's output..?

edit:

i mean, you should be able to use the same regulator (1 for each design )
      just put some resistors to vo(adj) pin 14
      heres is a datasheet
      http://grok.ecn.uiowa.edu/Internal/V...tor_pt6620.pdf

2 edit:
      28,4k between pin 14 and Ground (pin 7-10)
      Sorry for the english

CarPC Specs.

Via Epia MII 12000 \\ 512 Mb Ram \\ 200 GB Western Digital \\ PCmcia asus wi-fi
      Xenarc 7" Touchscreen \\ Usb Bluetooth \\ Carnetix P-1280

Comment

Josh - thanks for the suggestion. Just to let you know, I'm running (2) 5V 2A usb hubs off the PT6625. I've attached a drawing of what my circuit currently looks like.

If you have time, please modify it and let me know what I need to do to get me 5.5V on one line while keeping 5V on the other 2 lines. Thanks!
        Attached Files

Comment

hd

you can add a 28.4k ohm resistor between the V adj and the ground.

it will give you a 5.5 v out.

Comment

Originally posted by xtra
            hd

you can add a 28.4k ohm resistor between the V adj and the ground.

it will give you a 5.5 v out.
            Thought this would be pretty simple, so I went to Digikey.com and couldn't find any resistor with a value of 28.4k.

Do these exist???? Thanks!

Comment

you can put resistors in series and parallel to get different values. if you put them in series the values add up... so a 27k and 1.4k in series gives you 28.4k
              But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
              Originally posted by Viscouse
              I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
              eegeek.net

Comment

Resurrecting this thread from the dead. Anyone know if the PT6625 can output 10v? If so where do I hook up the resistor? Thanks.

Comment

NM, started new thread...

Comment

Working...
                  X