Bacon and Eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon and Eggs

I just knew this was going to happen. I finally get everything into the car, power it up, and Iím surprised to find that I just installed an $800 squealing pig (i.e. the noise from my lilliput egg). I need to find a way around that damn egg and I can't use a PSU cuz Iím using a laptop as my CarPC.

I read about people using alternative 12V regulators but nobody mentioned if it fixed the problem or not. The one from Radio Shack looks awfully cheesy at only $1.59 and I recall someone saying that they are pretty much all the same anyways. If anyone has had success with a 12V regulator other that the egg could you please post a link to where I can buy one.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy ó Benjamin Franklin

They are definitely not all the same, as THAT ONE SUCKS!!!
    Have you read this? http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...1&postcount=15
    If possible (its not for me cause i have a mac mini) you can run the monitor off of the carputers psu. Its regulated pretty well, and actually provides a little more power, so apparently the screen may be just a tad brighter that way.
    Other than that.... yeah, look for a quality egg.
    Carputer status: [-*---------]
    Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Just get a decent 12V regualtor that can aoutput about 1.5A min (1A would do but best be safe to prevent it going sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaal too!)

Easiest way is to look for a cheap lappy DC-DC that can go down to 12V. Overkill maybe, but you could always run another screen or something off it later.

Comment

I am running two lilliput's (one in the headrest) and therefore have two eggs (always liked two eggs in the morning) and now have no squeal. I used to have but then moved the eggs onto a different supply line.

therefore my advice, try some different supply lines

Comment

Scouse: What about this here

Input: 11-15V DC
          Output: 12V DC, up to 5A / 60W max
          Connector: Barrel, Center +

And when I cut of the barrel plug, the wire connected to the center should be the positive right?
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy ó Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X