Choices to power m10000 or m12000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choices to power m10000 or m12000

To power the m10000 or m12000 board with the usual array of accessories.

whats the better setup here? pro's and con's wise

Casetronic C4-CT-DC150L $45 + CarNetix P1900 ~$130?

or

OPUS 150 $179

also is there a downside to wiring a xenarc directly to the cig lighter power as apposed to running off of the psu? will I need a fuse or anything?

Thanx All!

mkay.... lets try searching the forum before posting questions that are easily answered.

i would say stick with the opus. It is a great power supply and will survive a crank. Also i don't think you need anymore than the 90w. I have a m10000 and a lilliput with all sorts of extras and it runs fine off the 90w

Of course you will need a fuse if its not a regulated power supply.

Run your screen off the psu i don't have any problems
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

my mistake, I'm horrible with searching. I'd rather run the screen off of the vehicles power so I wont need a long cable run to the trunk. So you say I do need a fuse if I run off of the cig wire? what fuse do you recomend?

the opus is regulated right?

Comment

supernoob,

First let me say, there is NOTHING wrong with your asking a question like this. It has NOT been answered (to my knowlege) before in any forum. I wish people would help instead of criticize, especially with a username like "supernoob".(/rant)

Secondly, I would disagree with anitmatter. Why spend an addtional $50+ for an Opus when the P1900 + Casetronic C4-CT-DC150L will provide equivalent functionality (survive engine crank, startup/shutdown controller, DLYON trigger) plus additional functionality the Opus does not have (Pulse Start, seperate =12v/+13V output for screen), especially if you buy a case with the C4-CT-DC150L already installed (Travla C137-120, C138-120, C158-120, or Morex P4-3677/88/99). This is a very reasonable solution (and question).

...sorry to rant, but I am believe there are more people using the "search" comment than there are newbies ansking obvious questions.
        MikeH

Comment

Well said Mike :-)

: Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
          : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
          : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

Comment

Originally posted by supernoob
            To power the m10000 or m12000 board with the usual array of accessories.

whats the better setup here? pro's and con's wise

Casetronic C4-CT-DC150L $45 + CarNetix P1900 ~$130?

or

OPUS 150 $179

also is there a downside to wiring a xenarc directly to the cig lighter power as apposed to running off of the psu? will I need a fuse or anything?

Thanx All!
            Hi, I run an MII 12000, Lilliput, PCMCIA wireless ( with extended 5db gain ariel, ) CDROM and external Belkin 5v USB2 HUB, GPS USB mouse all running on an M1-ATX ( 90w) PSU. Cant beat it, cost me 52.00 delivered. I am sure you can get them in the US or from http://linitx.com/product_info.php?c...roducts_id=598

Comment

Working...
            X