X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power calculator with rails breakdown

Check what I found!

P.S: Just got myself Dremel 395 kit from eBay
    Asus K8S-MX ~ Athlon 64 2800+ ~ Kingmax MPXD42D-2K 1Gb ~ Seagate ST960822A 60Gb ~ PSK-3100 PS/2 kbd ~ MR-350 GPS ~ Hawking HSB1AP ~ Buffalo WLI-USB-G54 ~ 8" Dynamix TS LCD ~ DSATX ~ XCard ~ TVedia ~ some LCD TV ~ Vista ~ MapPoint 2006 ~ iGuidance 2.*

wow. that is really useful! this should be made a sticky. I know i've seen my share of "how much power does this take?" threads. Thank you
    http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/djpm05/sig.jpg

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA I have NINE AGP VIDEO CARDS!!!!! and NINE floppy drives!!!! It's 1300 watts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Carputer currently 'ghettoed' into car!!!

EPIA MII-12000
      Ampie Case with rigged extra USB
      Hitachi 60GB
      Holux GPS mouse with iGuidance 2.0
      Lilliput 7" touchscreen
      Netgear WG121 USB WiFi
      Carnetix P1260

Comment

Originally posted by lastberserker
        Check what I found!

P.S: Just got myself Dremel 395 kit from eBay
        7 watt agp card? right
        I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by rushnrockt
          7 watt agp card? right
          It wasn't updated for 2 years. And, yeah, there are 7W AGP cards
          Asus K8S-MX ~ Athlon 64 2800+ ~ Kingmax MPXD42D-2K 1Gb ~ Seagate ST960822A 60Gb ~ PSK-3100 PS/2 kbd ~ MR-350 GPS ~ Hawking HSB1AP ~ Buffalo WLI-USB-G54 ~ 8" Dynamix TS LCD ~ DSATX ~ XCard ~ TVedia ~ some LCD TV ~ Vista ~ MapPoint 2006 ~ iGuidance 2.*

Comment

Too bad it doesn't have the Epia chipset. Also, anyone know how much to add if you're running a lilliput (or two) off the power supply?
            A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag.

My Ride
            My New Page

Comment

lilliputs take up 9 watts or at least mine does

Comment

Some of those values are not right.

my western digital 80 gig 7200 rpm drive takes .45 amps from the 12 volt not 2.2 amps like the calc suggests. I would recommend looking at your hard drive and cd roms ... the values are printed right on the top for you.

Also I have an AMD duron 750. It pulls most of its power from the 5 volt rail not the 12 volt again like the calculator says.

Comment

Originally posted by intense
                  Some of those values are not right.

my western digital 80 gig 7200 rpm drive takes .45 amps from the 12 volt not 2.2 amps like the calc suggests. I would recommend looking at your hard drive and cd roms ... the values are printed right on the top for you.

Also I have an AMD duron 750. It pulls most of its power from the 5 volt rail not the 12 volt again like the calculator says.
                  Most of the new processors pull their power off of the 12V rail, so they are right in that respect. However the 7W AGP card... even though they do exist, they do so in garbage, newer AGP's take anywhere from 15 to 70 Watt.
                  I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

If your motherboard has an additional 4 pin square shaped power connector (This is separate from the regular 20 pin motherboard power connector). Your motherboard will give the cpu its power from the 12 volt rail. If you do not have the additional 4 pin connector on your motherboard then your cpu will get its power from the 5 volt rail.

Comment

hmmm, I think the values are dated. I just tested a micro ATX board with 7200rpm 120gb hdd, 16x dual layer dvd writter, 10/100 ethernet, 2200+ sempron, 640mb ddr, integrated video and sound, 2 fans. While under test I had the dvd rw burning a dvd. The 12volt current reading was 7.75 - 8.12amps. The reading dropped to 6.48 amps when the dvd finished the burn. Now factor in the fact I was using a 12 to 120vac inverter and a standard ATX ps. The combined losses of the 2 probably amounted to .5amp or more. Bottom line.... I'd estimate the true power consumption at 12.6v x 8.12a = 102.3w minus the power converstion losses of 6.3watts, yeilds 96watts. The calculator estimated in excess of 140 watts.

Comment

Here's an Epia calculator Maxxell

http://resources.mini-box.com/online...simulator.html
                        A pic is worth a thousand words.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee24
                          Not so sure if the PSU recommendations on this link are any good. We know M1-ATX limits combined watts in 5v and 12 v rails to 50. I Ran up the watts to more than 50 watts for 5 volt and 12 rails combined and it still recommended M1-ATX....
                          Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

Ok, PSU recommendations are no good, but do you think the power consumption for devices are close?
                            A pic is worth a thousand words.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee24
                              Ok, PSU recommendations are no good, but do you think the power consumption for devices are close?
                              It looks like it.
                              Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

Working...
                              X