M1-ATX - Offdelay doesn't work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX - Offdelay doesn't work

I have a M1-ATX with the latest firmware.

With the jumper set to 5sec/45sec, and turning the ignition to off, my PC does not turn off after 5 sec (offdelay doesn't work?)...
    However, it does turn off after 45 sec (with hardoff, I believe)

What is wrong, is there something I have forgotten to setup, or is my M1-ATX broken?

Thanks in advance
    /Jisc

If you have the power button wired to the ACPI header, and you push it, does the machine turn off? If not, then you need to check your BIOS and your OS settings for how power button events are treated.
    System status: in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Change
      If you have the power button wired to the ACPI header, and you push it, does the machine turn off? If not, then you need to check your BIOS and your OS settings for how power button events are treated.
      When I do as you say, I need to hold down the powerbutton for 4 seconds, then it powers off.
      In Bios power settings, there is a setting for "power off by power button", but changing it does not affect anything...

Comment

Check the settings in Windows too. The M1-ATX sends a single pulse to the ACPI header, it doesn't do the 4-second "hold". You need the PC to shut down on a single press of the button.

In XP, Control Panel->Power Options->Advanced and make sure "When I press the power button on my computer" is set to shut down.

By the way, I think I've posted this at least three times now, and I've seen others post it too. The feature of this site REALLY DOES HELP. I strongly suggest making use of it.
        System status: in progress

Comment

how you guys upgrade M1 firmware? I just purchased it
          Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
          Celeron 1.2ghz
          256mb DDR-2 533
          80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
          Sb Live 5.1 w/ KXProject Drivers
          M2-ATX
          8" Lilliput TS LCD

100% installed and working :D