Problems turning my carputer on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems turning my carputer on

I recently installed a switch to control turning my computer on and off. I have windows set so when the power is cut, it goes into hibernation.

So rather than hooking up the OPUS to the motherboard pins, I have the switch hooked up instead.

Now turning on the computer the first time after hooking everything back up is fine. Turning it off is fine too. But then when I go hit the switch to turn it back on, nothing happens.

I go check the OPUS and the green light inside is blinking. And the only way to get the computer to boot again is to unplug the 3 wire plastic connector from the opus and plug it back in again and then hit my switch.

Anyone know why?

I havbe the OPUS220 and this exact switch http://www.frozencpu.com/ele-72.html

Not sure if it matter or not, but I have the yellow acceossry wire coming from the OPUS hooked up to a constant 12volt line so I can turn the computer on without having my car on.
    My Carputer Project

Problems turning my carputer on
    Put on your favourite dress and talk dirty about it's ethernet port! hehe

Maybe it's a probelm witht he lack of conenction to the mobo power switch. Why not put the swithc in parralel to the opus conencted to the mobo. i dunno if the opus will respond to a button ress even if the 12V acc line is off but you could add a switch to supply the 12V ACC line with power then the ign is off.

Comment

i would install a switch on the ACC line.
      1990 Jeep Cherokee
      2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
      2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Am I draining my battery by hookin the ACC line to my 12volt battery feed.

Im talking when my computer is off.
        My Carputer Project

Comment

Well, i just realized if I am not using the opus to actually turn the pc on, i dont even need the ACC wire hooked up.
          My Carputer Project

Comment

Working...
          X