IBM Port Replicator Power Button Extension/Relocation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM Port Replicator Power Button Extension/Relocation

I've been asked by a few to post some pics. So here they are.

Remove 4 screws from the bottom:

The power button is now visible:

After removing the top, remove the 8 screws marked:

Should now look like this:

Find the power button and desolder each spot it's soldered to the board, a total of 5:

I basically just soldered thin wire to the first 4 contacts (labeled 1-4) and through trial and error, soldered the correct ones to the momentary switch I got at Walmart. I believe that 1&3 go together on one side and 2&4 go together on the other. The switch is similar to this one:

Thanks for the pics its going to be a help me out big time
    mp3car infill g4

Comment

Excellent pics.
      My install log
      My "selling entire system" thread

Comment

Originally posted by lebshiff21
        I've been asked by a few to post some pics. So here they are.

Remove 4 screws from the bottom:

The power button is now visible:

After removing the top, remove the 8 screws marked:

Should now look like this:

Find the power button and desolder each spot it's soldered to the board, a total of 5:

I basically just soldered thin wire to the first 4 contacts (labeled 1-4) and through trial and error, soldered the correct ones to the momentary switch I got at Walmart. I believe that 1&3 go together on one side and 2&4 go together on the other. The switch is similar to this one:

Can you repost the pics, or send them to me, and I will host them for you.

Michael
        ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

I think I have a similar situation (inherited a TP 570E that I am using which is sitting in pieces currently on my kitchen table) and it SOUNDS like your power switch was like mine but the pics aren't visible. Any chance you could repost them?
          Some people are like Slinkies........

They serve no apparent purpose in life other than to occasionally bring joy to ones heart when they are pushed down a flight of stairs.

Comment

I would like to see pictures as well...please repost the pictures.

Comment

please repost the pictures

Comment

Does anyone have the missing pictures????

Comment

OMFG!! Ive had a problem with a 4 terminal switch for the longest. It has 4 wires, 2 yellow and 2 black and I was wondeing how I was gonna put those 4 wire on a 2 terminal momentary switch. Please repost so the pics can be seen. Also, is there any reason why there are 4 wire as opposed to just 2. No one ive asked can seem to give me a straight answer? And when the 4 wires are merged onto a 2 terminal switch, will they behave the same way as originally?

Comment

bump for pics

Comment

did anyone do this to their port replicator?

Comment

any pics of this?

Comment

Did this today, was pretty straight forward and works like a treat.

Comment

how do you mount your IBM Laptop & port replicator in your car? I have heard that the HDD needs to be mounted vertically rather than horizontally in order to avoid it being damaged due to speedbumps, etc

Comment

no pictures

Comment

Working...
                              X