Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still trying to find a way to power my pc...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still trying to find a way to power my pc...

Hi Guys.

still battling at powering my pc....

im trying to power it with a pw-200-m. as ive read, not the best psu, but ive gotta use it...

now if i get a 2nd battery, i can solve the crank problem... but my battery pumps out 14.4 volts when engine is started.

Now if i run a 2nd battery, its voltage will also jump to this when the car is running wont it?

Is there any device that can filter the voltage down to 12volts? not worried about dropping out, i just want to stop it from damaging the motherboard as ive read that the 12volt line on the pw200m is unregulated.

Any advice would help, ive tried searching but all the terms seen to return hundreds of irrevelivent results.

You don't want to filter your voltage, you want to REGULATE it. If you already have the PSU, take a look at the Carnetix products. There is also the M1ATX and the EZPC (I think that's it). Check the mp3car store and click on power supplies.

You'll also get integrated startup/shutdown controller and ability to survive crank so you can lose the second batt if you want.

Since you have the power supply, you don't need an all in one like Opus unless you want to upgrade.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

well problem is i cant find a regulator that will go up to 200watts...

so instead of drop regulation, i was hoping there was somethign just to stop the voltage being above 12volts.

i guess not.

Comment

What's wrong with the answer you go in you're earlier message? Post number 14
        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:
        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Working...
        X