M1-ATX not working properly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX not working properly

Can anyone please help me with this? I've tried searching, but nothing.
    I've just had my M1-ATX power supply delivered, and can't get it to work fully.
    If I set it as traditional PSU, it works as it should with a manual power switch.
    However, if I change the jumper settings to get offdelay and hardoff, it still only works as a traditional PSU. With everything wired up, and I put 12V to the ignition live, a small buzzing can briefly be heard from my HDD after about 5 seconds, and that's it. If I manually power it up, it will boot up fine, but the off delay does not work (though I think this is my motherboard settings); the hard off does work after 45 seconds.
    I've tried different HDD's, but it's still the same.
    Does anyone know why this thing won't auto power up with ignition live?

do you have the chip with lastest firmware.

Comment

and you need to change the power save setting in the bios can remember which one it was but swap them round and see what happens.

Comment

that last comment isn't correct that was to due with my shut down problem, I seem to remmeber

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac999
          If I manually power it up, it will boot up fine, but the off delay does not work
          If using XP, make sure the advance tab setting under power options is set to "shut down" when pressing the power button.
          Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

Originally posted by bertybassett
            do you have the chip with lastest firmware.
            Not sure, I would hope so as i only bought it from brand new last week.

The shut down problem I'm not too worried about at the moment, it's the actual powering up of the motherboard that's annoying me.

Thanks for your suggestions so far.

Comment

Working...
            X