Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX Problem!!!

Guys, pls. help me out.
    The M1-ATX supplies power perfectly to the motherboard whenin dumb mode, but for any other mode, i get no power. How's that possible?? I checked the voltages with multimeter and has nothing to do with the motherboard, i guess. The M1-ATX supposed to power up after 4 seconds, if I'm not mistaken. But I get no voltage reading when not in dumb-psu mode. Am I missing something or something wrong with M1-ATX. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, I'm using AMD-ATHLON mobile 1Ghz on soyo k7vme board with 30Gb laptop HD and sound card. Its connected to regular monitor/keyboard/mouse for testing.
    Thanks a bunch in advance.
    Current project ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■___ 85%
    Xenarc 700TS, Mobile Athlon 1GHz, Soyo K7VME, 30Gb HD, Slimline DVD drive, TB Santa Cruz, Opus 120W
    Holux G210

03 Acura TL, Zapco & Precision Power amps, Adire Koda comps & EDesign 12" sub.

Have you connected the MB on signal (2 pin jumper)?
    Have you connected the IGN line?
    Try shorting it with a screwdriver on the M1-ATX, it should start.

Comment

Originally posted by HoSS
      Have you connected the MB on signal (2 pin jumper)?
      Have you connected the IGN line?
      Try shorting it with a screwdriver on the M1-ATX, it should start.
      For testing, I'm using the regular PSU. My The ignition line and the 12V battery line are connected to the yellow wire of the 4 pin HD/CD connector and all the other wires are connected properly. The problem is when no shutoff setting are set, ie.when its in dumb psu mode, the m1-atx works flawlessly, but when I set any of the A/B/C/D jumpers to set the shutoff timing, I get no power. Any ideas???
      Xenarc 700TS, Mobile Athlon 1GHz, Soyo K7VME, 30Gb HD, Slimline DVD drive, TB Santa Cruz, Opus 120W
      Holux G210

Comment

Originally posted by ashbosh
        For testing, I'm using the regular PSU. My The ignition line and the 12V battery line are connected to the yellow wire of the 4 pin HD/CD connector and all the other wires are connected properly. The problem is when no shutoff setting are set, ie.when its in dumb psu mode, the m1-atx works flawlessly, but when I set any of the A/B/C/D jumpers to set the shutoff timing, I get no power. Any ideas???
        Well answer my questions then!!
        Have you connected the MB on jumper? (Try shorting it)

Comment

Well answer my questions then!!
          Have you connected the MB on jumper? (Try shorting it)
          The MB jumper on m1-atx (J6, I believe) is connected to the Power On Jumper on the MB. I tried shorting it also. I'll double check tonight. But why don't I get any voltage readings if not in dumb-psu mode? It should provide at least the 5VSB, right?
          Holux G210

Comment

bump
            Holux G210

Comment

I would have thought that you should have the 5V SB, but i haven't confirmed this on mine.
              What is the LED doing?
              Where are you measuring the output? (i.e put the meter ground on the output connector, not the input ground)

Comment

I would have thought that you should have the 5V SB, but i haven't confirmed this on mine.
                What is the LED doing?
                Where are you measuring the output? (i.e put the meter ground on the output connector, not the input ground)
                What is LED doing???????? I didn't understand.

I'm measuring the voltages on the ATX header and HD/CD DRIVE connectors. The m1-atx is drawing power from the regular 150W psu I was using before. The input voltages are fine. I think there's something wrong with the startup/shutdown controller. And the m1-atx board I have, is missing the 8-pin header thats beside the atx header. weird...
                Holux G210

Comment

Any answers to this? I'm facing the same problem!!
                  Worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52477

Install: 90% complete

Comment

For anyone interested the MI-ATX works well with the old Compaq Deskpro EN SFF P3 range of desktops. The 'PS On' signal need inverting though to make it work, I used a simple optocouple and resistor. These PC's are ten a penny now and being slim and heavy don't slide around in your car boot.

LA
                    Car: Megane II Sport
                    PC: Compaq Deskpro EN SFF P3 450Mhz
                    PSU: M1-ATX PSU
                    MONITOR: Lilliput 7" TS
                    WiFi: 56g WIFi USB
                    GPS: BU303 GPS
                    AUDIO: VRNX001
                    FRONTEND: AshInCar
                    SATNAV: MapMonkey & D3

Comment

I have just adopted a M1 to work with my laptop.. I have added a relay/cap/resister to turn the laptop on due to the fact the m1 pulse signal was not lasting long enough. I have also shorted pin 14 to 15 (green to black) on the ATX connector to make it power on.. not had any probs with this.. I presume its from the new batch as there is no led and no smaller atx connector. I have yet to try the remote amp on signal send.. thats for tomorrow.

CdR
                      Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

well i was really dumb when installing mine and had the same problem, make sure your not doing this as well, the M1 has a 12+ 12- and a SWITCH line, i had just assumed it was like a remote line and connected it to the same remote line i used for my amps, but its NOT, i had to take the Yellow ignition line that was formerly going to my stereo and run it back to the trunk and plug that into the switch line and everything worked fine.

Comment

Working...
                        X