M1-ATX "hidden features"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX "hidden features"

Any M1-ATX purchased after 05/01/2005 has the following additional timing shemes (see below). Please note that only the first 8 timing schemes are documented in the manual. The last 4 timing settings are 'bonus material'.
    These timing schemes are also visible in the source code that was recently posted...

Enjoy.

ABCD OFFDELAY / HARDOFF
    0000 standard PSU
    1000 5 seconds / 1 minute
    0100 5 seconds / 2 hours
    1100 5 seconds / never
    0010 30 seconds / 2 hours
    1010 30 seconds / never
    0110 30 minutes / never
    1110 3 hours / never
    0001 10 minutess / 1 hour
    1001 15 minutes / 2 hours
    0101 1 hour / 1 hour 15 minutes
    1101 5 seconds / 2 hours (SureStop)

SureStop means that the M/B will never start (unless manually started) but will always shut down. I thought that this might be helpful for people that keep the on-board PC mostly OFF.

-Andrei

Interesting. Did you try this already?
    Worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52477

Install: 90% complete

Comment

andrewb works for Mini-Box, the company that produces the M1-ATX...so I suspect he knows what he's talking about
      System status: in progress

Comment

I guess I can believe it now. But then why isn't that information included into the manual? I almost didn't get the M1 because of the limited shutdown delays.

Not including existing interesting features in your product descriptions isn't a good sales strategy, so I would suggest to get the manuals and user guides and product brochures updated ASAP.

EDIT: Are these features of the new firmware or have they always been there?
        Worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52477

Install: 90% complete

Comment

Originally posted by SAPiens
          EDIT: Are these features of the new firmware or have they always been there?
          They are features of the new firmware.

Comment

Working...
          X