Usdc thermal sensor question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usdc thermal sensor question

Today the temperature outside got up to 89. The uSDC wouldnt allow the computer to power up. Giving 4 short pulses on the LED. According to the specifications the unit will work up to 50c or 122 degrees farenheit. Is there anything i can do to disable the temp sensor? I've got thermal control of my mobo and hard drive installed already.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Oh yea, second question... in the Event that the the usdc starts out in thermal protection but the temperature drops does the unit automatically cut on at that time? Or would i need to pull over turn off the car and restart the unit? I'm gonna be adding fans to my trunk and i was wondering if i should connect them to my remote start or two the computer itself like they're supposed to be hooked up.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
      Today the temperature outside got up to 89. The uSDC wouldnt allow the computer to power up. Giving 4 short pulses on the LED. According to the specifications the unit will work up to 50c or 122 degrees farenheit. Is there anything i can do to disable the temp sensor? I've got thermal control of my mobo and hard drive installed already.
      Had the same problem - Jeff recommended to put a jumper at the "C" jumper location, which disables the temp sensor. Seems to have worked for me so far.
      My install log
      My "selling entire system" thread

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
        Oh yea, second question... in the Event that the the usdc starts out in thermal protection but the temperature drops does the unit automatically cut on at that time? Or would i need to pull over turn off the car and restart the unit? I'm gonna be adding fans to my trunk and i was wondering if i should connect them to my remote start or two the computer itself like they're supposed to be hooked up.

Wow, that temperature sensor seems to be more pain than it's worth. Yes a Jumper in the C location will disable the temp sensor on all the newer units.

If you have a temperature bad condition, the device should start from scratch and send the startup pulse, etc. When the temp returns to normal.

On my fourms on the www.mpegbox.com website, there are pictures of how to mod the temperature sensor out. You need to be handy at soldering though..

-Jeff
        MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
        www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Hey Jeff....forgot to thank you man!!! The repaired uSDC works great!! Now for my question, do you remember if mine can have the temperature sensor disabled with jumper C? I, quite honestly don't know if I have an older or newer version.
          Progress: |##########| 99.99%
          - Tweaking and enjoying!!!! Never really done.....

-= MachPuter Project =-
          -= MachPuter Project Worklog=-

Comment

Originally posted by Willy-Mach1
            Hey Jeff....forgot to thank you man!!! The repaired uSDC works great!! Now for my question, do you remember if mine can have the temperature sensor disabled with jumper C? I, quite honestly don't know if I have an older or newer version.

It should. If it doesn't you can allways send it back..
            MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
            www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Working...
            X