My M1-ATX burned up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My M1-ATX burned up

One of the IC's burned up on my M1-ATX. I don't know why it did, because it was working fine for a few weeks, and then all of a sudden I see smoke coming out of the CarPC. I wish the makers of this PSU would have better quality control. The features that it was supposed to have never even worked. For example the amp remote turn on was always on even after the PC was shutdown, and the PSU never turned my computer off normally, it only did a hard turn off.

Is there any warranty on this PSU or would I have to buy another one? If I have to buy another one should I go for the OPUS 80W instead?

Oh yeah I purchased the M1-ATX from here (the mp3car.com store) on April 17.
    A1-MTX
    VIA EPIA M1000
    Ultra Low Profile 512MB
    Hitachi Travelstar 30GB 2.5"
    Toshiba 8x Slim Type DVD
    Casetronics C134
    Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
    ElmScan OBDII
    Travellar Mini Keyboard
    Holux GM-210
    Hauppauge WinTV/FM USB

Call the store. Give them the order number...
    Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

the M1-ATX guys are great to deal with.. should be an easy replace for them.. send them a photos and it should be a simple replace.. I had one burn up on me for no reason and they replaced it in 5 days..

I'd deal with them before any major company's RMA service..
      Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

Thanks for the replies fellas.
        A1-MTX
        VIA EPIA M1000
        Ultra Low Profile 512MB
        Toshiba 8x Slim Type DVD
        Casetronics C134
        Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
        ElmScan OBDII
        Travellar Mini Keyboard
        Holux GM-210
        Hauppauge WinTV/FM USB

Comment

same with me, I sent a warranty claim to MP3 car and I haven't heard back
          working on it today.
          My OLD carputer page
          My NEW carPC

Via Epia M10000, 512 PC2100, Opus 150, 8" lilly touch, 320 GB 7200 WD Caviar

Comment

I sent an e-mail to the company that makes it (mini-box.com) and they said to get an RMA from mp3car.
            A1-MTX
            VIA EPIA M1000
            Ultra Low Profile 512MB
            Toshiba 8x Slim Type DVD
            Casetronics C134
            Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
            ElmScan OBDII
            Travellar Mini Keyboard
            Holux GM-210
            Hauppauge WinTV/FM USB

Comment

Good luck with mini-box and ituner!
              Truck:
              '99 F250 XLT Superduty 4x4
              -Supercab shortbox
              -V10 w/K&N cold air intake
              -Cowl induction hood
              -Flowmaster 2.5's

Computer:
              -M10000 w/M1-ATX
              -Custom lexan case
              -512mb, 20gb, Lilliput TS, mini-keybrd, GPS, XM
              -Slotload CDRW-DVDR
              -XP, FP

Comment

I forget who I talked to.. but he was super nice, and they took grweat care of me ..

zip-loc was it?
                Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

I have received help and support everytime I asked for it. No complaints here either...
                  Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

I've never had a problem with any of my M1-ATX supplies (yes I have more than 1) nor the mini-box support. They even addressed my non-standard requests. So far their PSU has been every bit as reliable as the Opus 150W I used to use and more flexible in that I can roll my own firmware if I want.
                    2004 4runner

Comment

Originally posted by rando
                      I've never had a problem with any of my M1-ATX supplies (yes I have more than 1) nor the mini-box support. They even addressed my non-standard requests. So far their PSU has been every bit as reliable as the Opus 150W I used to use and more flexible in that I can roll my own firmware if I want.

I think a lot of why you never had a problem is because you know what your doing. Rando you are like the m1-atx guru. Thanks for helping me and almost everyone else who has m1-atx problems.

I sent a couple e-mails to support@mini-box.com and nothing came back. So I sent one to m1-atx@minibox.com and got a reply the next day. They replaced my m1 without a problem. I am happy with their support.
                      Mobo= Epia V
                      Ram= 640mb
                      Ps= m1-atx
                      Screen= Lilly 7" ts
                      Hd= 40gig
                      case= 1/10 scale model of my car (04 Saturn Ion QC)
                      soundcard= soundblaster mp3+
                      GPS= Holux gm-210

Comment

Working...
                      X