Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPUS 150 Blew up 2 DVD Burners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OPUS 150 Blew up 2 DVD Burners

    Just installed the computer everything works fine except the DVD Burner because the OPUS distroyed them both, they worked fine in my desktop computer installed them in the car computer, they worked for about 15mins got really hot and now they do not work at all. in the car or in any of the house computers, it will not even open

    Idea's?

    as I am already out $300 for two burners! does OPUS cover that?

  • #2
    did you hook them up to the right voltage?

    and have you checked that voltage rail with a multimeter to make sure it's at the right level?

    And... why the hell do you need dual $150 DVD burners in your car??

    I would say that unless your OPUS is putting out the wrong voltage on one of the lines, they probably won't cover it, because if its voltage output is correct then it's up to you to wire it properly.
    But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
    Originally posted by Viscouse
    I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
    eegeek.net

    Comment


    • #3
      question is, what kind of DVD burners are these? I just bought a DVD-DL burner for $52 shipped.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DRWeside
        question is, what kind of DVD burners are these? I just bought a DVD-DL burner for $52 shipped.
        OT: is that a desktop, or laptop unit, and is it slot load. Where?

        Michael
        ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

        Comment


        • #5
          well I own(ed) 2 DVD buners they are just desktop units, one was for the car the other for a desktop, voltages are correct, hard drive works fine though?

          Comment


          • #6
            no, you own3d them
            I'mmmmmm a n00b.... feel free to make fun

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by markopolo311
              no, you own3d them
              Zen Fat Loss

              Comment


              • #8
                i burned out 3 pioneer DVD-Rom's about 3 years ago. the DVD driver worked for 10min after installed. Then it just stopped working and i ejected the DVD and it was bloody hot. i purchased a decade 400W PSU and installed it with a replacement DVD drive. i have no more problem in 3 years. under powering ur devoices is bad.
                MX5 SQ Roadster

                Deck: Clarion DRX9575Rz
                Front Stage: Boston Pro 6.5
                Sub: IDQ10D2V.2
                Amp: PG Xenon X100.4

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by chan
                  i burned out 3 pioneer DVD-Rom's about 3 years ago. the DVD driver worked for 10min after installed. Then it just stopped working and i ejected the DVD and it was bloody hot. i purchased a decade 400W PSU and installed it with a replacement DVD drive. i have no more problem in 3 years. under powering ur devoices is bad.
                  That is exactly what has happened to me, think the 150 does not have enough juice to run a DVD-ROM/Hard Drive/P4 1.6Ghz?

                  -Devin

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would think a 150 should have plenty of juice for what you just mentioned. I have less power than that and I have powered the exact same thing except the proc was a XP. I still find it hard to believe the opus is what fried your drive but I guess you never know.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by devin98
                      Just installed the computer everything works fine except the DVD Burner because the OPUS distroyed them both, they worked fine in my desktop computer installed them in the car computer, they worked for about 15mins got really hot and now they do not work at all. in the car or in any of the house computers, it will not even open

                      Idea's?

                      as I am already out $300 for two burners! does OPUS cover that?
                      My guess is that you could RMA them back to the manufacture
                      BossTone74

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X