Carputer Power Supply?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carputer Power Supply?

I was thinking of starting a carputer project of my own. I have seen a lots of people using ITX mainboards on their carputer, but i want to go further with my project. The only thing that stops me if its possible to do it in my car...

First of all i want to play music, watch DVD and have gps. But the question is if i can play games with it. For that i need a good processor, ram and a videocard. So i wonder if its possible to have a gaming computer in a car?
    If there is any power supply on ex. 3-400W. Would it tap the batteri on a short amount of time?

read over the forums for a about 5 hrs and then post your questions again. Everyone has thought of everything and it's all here. Welcome to the board. (I'm friendly, others are not). Post in the newbie board for general newb questions.
    --------
    mykolJay
    99 Accord coupe
    http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
    My Project Thread on mp3car.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tom-R
      I was thinking of starting a carputer project of my own. I have seen a lots of people using ITX mainboards on their carputer, but i want to go further with my project. The only thing that stops me if its possible to do it in my car...

First of all i want to play music, watch DVD and have gps. But the question is if i can play games with it. For that i need a good processor, ram and a videocard. So i wonder if its possible to have a gaming computer in a car?
      If there is any power supply on ex. 3-400W. Would it tap the batteri on a short amount of time?
      Is it possible? Yes. The only option presently is to use an inverter.

You'll find that most of us think that there is no reason for what you want to do other than the bling factor. Nothing wrong with that, but you're going to have issues.

Check out the FAQ emporium and read what's there about power to give you some ideas.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Oki

Thnx for answering, i take a look at the faq and the newbie section....

Comment

Yeah, do some searching around, as this has all been addressed before.

If you need a lot of power, invertor is definitely the way to go, though it won't be as "nice" as an OPUS would be.
          Zen Fat Loss

Comment

Working...
          X