Delay device

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay device

What is the most cost effective way to introduce a... say 5 second delay into a circuit for powering up things? My computer will only start after the inverter has been powered for a few seconds, and if I try to hit the on button before then it continuousally faults the inverter, resulting in loss of power, resulting in the relay hitting the on button again, which makes another fault.
    Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Building a simple delay circuit is very cheap (<$5) if you don't mind doing a bit of soldering. You should be able to find past threads discussing this, and google will get you any number of circuit diagrams as well.

Comment

A shutdown controller is probably overkill here, but we're running a very limited sale on the DSSC for a couple of days.

It will easily do more than what you want.
      Check out my carputers:
      DVD, GPS, MP3, 6.4" LCD Touchscreen, 5" Headrest LCDs, PSone, DSSC, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bergeron76
        A shutdown controller is probably overkill here, but we're running a very limited sale on the DSSC for a couple of days.

It will easily do more than what you want.
        I would, but im trying to homebrew my startup/shutdown solution as much as possible right now its running on 5 auto relays.
        Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

holy monkeys only $30 im getting one. Crap my paypal account is still locked from some jerk trying to rip me off.
          96' Mercedes Benz C36 -Matte Black-
          Status..::... {##------}25%~~ back to planning

Comment

Question about the DSSC. Can I set it to wait 5 seconds or so before turning on a monitor? More importantly, is there a way to make it press the button so to speak for 5 seconds and then stop?

Edit: Scratch that. Looks like I can simply set a 5+ second delay and then have it pulse the power to make it as if I waited 5 seconds and then pushed the power button on my LCD. Went ahead and ordered one. Cannot beat $29.

Comment

Working...
            X