Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX: Computer doesn't power down?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone's had this issue. I set my M1-ATX to "30 secs/never" using jumpers (I shorted A and C), and I expect it to power down the computer 30 seconds after the ignition is turned off. However, it doesn't do it: and when I press the power switch (after a minute or two) that is connected to J8, it *cuts* the power (rather than sending a grace shutdown signal).

Any solution for this, anyone had this issue? Or am I misunderstanding the jumpers?

Cheers,

-pN
    Doko ni datte, hito wa tsunagatte iru...

My BMW 335xi install
    My Subaru Impreza install (now retired...)
    Realtime audio freestyle hiphop battles online - www.letsbeef.com!

It was workling fine for me but ~2weeks after it won't shutdown anymore. I'll have to take a look but if you find any solutions, let me know
    Via Epia M10000 / 512 DDR / 10gigs 3.5 HD / M1-ATX / Innovatek 7" TS Screen
    Trunk fiberglassing in progress...
    Need GPS / Aux Input / WiFi

My Corolla Computer

Comment

Will do. Hope someone else found a solution. I hope it's not a hardware problem, since uh, my CarPC isn't really designed to be disassembled... :P

My BMW 335xi install

Comment

Update: this is the current situation:

- the power supply does not send a proper "off" signal to the motherboard
        - if I press the power button, it cuts power (hard off, no warning to motherboard)
        - if I did that, then the next time the car's ignition is turned on, the power supply sends an "on" signal to the motherboard
        - if I did a soft shutdown (via Hibernate), then the next time it WON'T send an "on" and I have to turn it on manually.

Any ideas, anyone?

-pN

My BMW 335xi install

Comment

This you guys consider that the mobo PWR connector is reverse? I am not sure but you can check that out. If 1-2 doesn't work, switch it to 2-1. Just a thought.
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

doesnt matter if 1-2 or 2-1....

the pins must just be short circuited for a second...

Comment

I have a similar problem sometimes actually....it's left my battery dead a few times and has toasted a cell in it....luckally I can claim it under warranty for the battery....because now the battery can't even hold a charge overnight....completely toasted....

my screen will turn off, but it's not connected to the psu, it's an ignition thing....

the sound will fade but the processor will stay on - telling me that the amp turn on isn't sending a signal to turn off from the M1....

so I'll post my problems to this thread as well and see if I find out anything....
              Jan Bennett
              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by halve85
                doesnt matter if 1-2 or 2-1....

the pins must just be short circuited for a second...
                Actually it does mater.
                When you connect to a momentary switch, it doesn't matter.
                When you connect to a circuit switch like most SDC, it does matter which pin is which. One of the pin show 5V the other is GND. Try it out and see how it works. It won't hurt if it doesn't
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150

Comment

hum, on my old M1 this didn't matter
                  on my opus it matters
                  Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
                  Celeron 1.2ghz
                  256mb DDR-2 533
                  80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
                  Sb Live 5.1 w/ KXProject Drivers
                  M2-ATX
                  8" Lilliput TS LCD

100% installed and working :D

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
                    Actually it does mater.
                    When you connect to a momentary switch, it doesn't matter.
                    When you connect to a circuit switch like most SDC, it does matter which pin is which. One of the pin show 5V the other is GND. Try it out and see how it works. It won't hurt if it doesn't
                    Do you think this would also be the case on a EPIA board? I don't have a shutdown problem, but mine will not post at times. I have taken it apart many times but never paid attention to reverse the connection.
                    Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

Originally posted by Zebelkhan
                      Do you think this would also be the case on a EPIA board? I don't have a shutdown problem, but mine will not post at times. I have taken it apart many times but never paid attention to reverse the connection.
                      I don't know how the M1 deal with the "Push" button on/off.
                      How did you configure the EPIA to power on in BIOS? Did you disable the "Resume On Power failure?". If you use (enable) this feature by, then the problem isn't the PSU.
                      Y2K Accord Dell GX150

Comment

On a EPIA the case on/off switch has to be disconnected and replaced with the wire coming from the on/off pins of the M!-ATX. So in mine, the case on/off switch does not work at all. Resume on power failure is also disabled on mine. In my case, when the board does not post, I push on the "reset" button 4 or 5 times in a matter of 2 seconds, and then it boots normally and works fine until the next time!

Your post about reversing the wire got me thinking...I never tried that to see if it would make a difference...
                        Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

I've never thought of trying to reverse the wires. It's really hard to get to my carPC, so I didn't want to open it up again, hehe.

Isn't it strange, though, that it powers it up fine from a complete cold shutdown? And that pressing the button connected to J8 just kills power outright?...

-pN

My BMW 335xi install

Comment

these pins are bridged, it's a passthrought signal
                            Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
                            Celeron 1.2ghz
                            256mb DDR-2 533
                            80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
                            Sb Live 5.1 w/ KXProject Drivers
                            M2-ATX
                            8" Lilliput TS LCD

100% installed and working :D

Comment

Tried reversing the pins on the one connecting to the motherboard. Result: external power switch doesn't work at ALL (pressing the button doesn't power on the system) and turning on the ignition doesn't do anything at all, either.

*scratches head*

For some reason Windows succeeds in going to Suspend mode now (the Touchscreen USB no longer prevents it), but there's no way to get back out: if I press the power button, the system simply resets and starts booting normally - it doesn't come out of standby. Help?

My BMW 335xi install

Comment

Working...
                              X