Opus Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus Problems

Why does it seem that there are so many problems with opus. I've done a lot of searching and have noticed many problems with this product
    ! Here is my situation...

I have an opus 120 dc-dc, 512mb ram, epia 1300 board, 80g 2.5 HD, and a xenarc 7tsv. The screen is just wired in to the old stereo power. I have a yellow top Bat. with 0 gage wire with a 200amp breaker to a distibution block for my amps. I have two 4 gage wires going out of the block too my amps. I wired in the two yellow wires from the opus to the block. The red goes to the old stereo. The two gronds are grounded in too the frame in the dash. About 2 feet long. The opus powers up when nothing is pluged in to the board. It even turns on my amps after about 10 seconds. Obviously I wired the remote for this. Once I plug in the board it turns it on and 3 seconds later it dies! Repeats it self until I turn off the key. I've tried to conect the red opus wire directly to the block with same problem! The led just blinks twice every 5-10 seconds and does it over again. I have this little atx tester that plugs into all the wires and everything works great including opus turning on corectly! Then plug into board and POOF, no love! PLEASE HELP. Don't want to send the opus back!
    2004 Tacoma
    sp1300, 512ram, 80G 2.5HD, dvd slot load, iGuidance, opus 100w, Xenarc 7tsv.

when you say it blinks twice every 5-10 seconds, how is it blinking? Do they happen with a long delay, then 2 quick blinks? or does it blink once every 5 seconds or so.

I'm assuming the blink codes are the same for the 120 as the 150. So this is taken right from the Opus 150 user manual. Hope it helps.

0.1 sec ON and 2.5 Sec OFF:

DC-DC power supply is in Idle or stand-by state.

On constantly:
    The PC is powered and the PC should be operating.

Number of flashes Reason for flashing

1 Flash:
    Battery voltage is below normal operating range.
    The normal range is 11.5 VDC to 18 VDC.
    During engine cranking the low battery voltage detection is ignored so the
    battery voltage can dip below 11.5V.

2 Flashes:
    The computer power up sequence failed
    Reasons:
    1. Check the wiring of the two wire power-switch cable from power supply connector J9 to power switch pins on the ATX motherboard. If connected properly check the polarity of the power switch pins. May be reversed.
    2. Check ATX mother board bios settings.
    3. Locked up mother board or software crash of bug.
    4. Faulty DC-DC power supply.

3 Flashes:
    Power supply output voltages are out of normal voltage range.
    Reasons:
    1. Power supply output is over loaded or shorted.
    2. Faulty DC-DC power supply.

4 Flashes:

Power down, stand-by or hibernate sequence failed.
    Reasons:
    1. Check the wiring of the two wire power-switch cable from power supply connector J9 to power switch pins on the ATX motherboard. If connected properly check the polarity of the power switch pins. May be reversed.
    2. Check ATX mother board bios settings.
    3. Check if ACPI function is enabled in the power management BIOS setup.
    4. Make sure ACPI drivers are installed in the operating system.
    5. Check if application is compatible with ACPI mode of operation.
    6. Locked up mother board or software crash of bug.
    7. Faulty DC-DC power supply

Comment

Thanks this helps a little. It's the 2 flash one. Time to start trouble shooting.
      2004 Tacoma

Comment

You have a PM

Comment

Originally posted by techy101
          You have a PM
          I do?
          AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
          Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
          Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
          -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Originally posted by xBrady
            I do?

Yeah, it's right here

Come closer

closer

closer

Comment

Well I kept trying to trouble shoot in the car but got know where fast! So I took the MB inside and tryed retesting it and failed. This sucks because it all worked fine before trying to use the opus. Know when I plug the board in to my house power supply it automaticly turns on! No video and no hard drive spin. This sucks! Looks like I need a new Mboard.
              2004 Tacoma

Comment

Have you tried doing a BIOS reset on the MOBO yet?

Comment

Working...
                X