Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPUS 150 + Biostar M7NCG - NO BEEP, NO POST!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPUS 150 + Biostar M7NCG - NO BEEP, NO POST!!!

OK, I've had my OPUS 150 + Biostar M7NCG 400 + Athlon Mobile 2400 running successfully for about a month now, and I took the car into the audio shop to have two amplifiers.

When I picked up the car, they said the PC stopped working, and I tried to troubleshoot it.

The OPUS is getting proper power (I checked with a multimeter) and the mobo powers up, but there is no beep, no post, and no video. I've tried removing EVERYTHING, including the ram, leaving the cpu in, and same results. I tried removing power, and mobo battery, and resetting cmos jumper.

I have tried a regular power supply, and that doesn't seem to help any either, so I'm fairly sure the OPUS 150 is working just fine.

I've tried reseating everything. I'm guessing somehow my mobo is fried, but I'm hoping that's not the issue.

Any recommendations???
    Kevin
    Audi A4 Carputer, 80% setup.

i think you have covered this witht the multimeter possibly but once i had a pc that i thought was dead checked all the things you did and it ended up the momentary switch lead had gotten crimped and thus wasnt sending the signal to start the pc try shorting the pins out on the mobo and see if that works
    .______
    | '_ |__\___
    [(o)|___(o)] XB
    ._________
    | I__I I_I|_\__I
    [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

did you ever resolve this? I'm now having the same problem.

Biostar M7NCG 400 ver 7.2 AMD Mobile Athlon 1.1GHz (@ 1GHz), Kingston PC2700 512mb WD 80gig HD Custom Case Opus 150W PS Lilliput 7" TS D-Link DBT-120 BT D-Link DWL-G122 WiFi Holux GR-231 GPS nLited XP Pro iGuidance RoadRunner frontend

Comment

your probly going to have to send your motherboard + opus in to opus so they can make some adjustments on your power supply. it happens.

Comment

The Biostar Fix for Opus

I talked with tech support about the "biostar fix" for the opus, and they told me you just have to short out the resistor between the on/off jumper and the white opto-isolator. The non-biostar fix Opus has a 331 or something resistor there. I can verify that shorting this resistor fixed my opus. Your mileage may vary.

Biostar M7NCG 400 ver 7.2 AMD Mobile Athlon 1.1GHz (@ 1GHz), Kingston PC2700 512mb WD 80gig HD Custom Case Opus 150W PS Lilliput 7" TS D-Link DBT-120 BT D-Link DWL-G122 WiFi Holux GR-231 GPS nLited XP Pro iGuidance RoadRunner frontend

Comment

im bench testing my system same specs as yours 2400 mobile and biostar what rev mobo is it 7.2 maybe the new ones arent supporting the amd mobiles?
            .______
            | '_ |__\___
            [(o)|___(o)] XB
            ._________
            | I__I I_I|_\__I

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

CarPCNetwork

Comment

http://www.biostar-usa.com/knowledge...sp?faqid=99993

7. Try booting up the system with just the CPU installed, withouy any memory. If the board emits beeps, then the memory is the problem.

8. Finally, try a different CPU

have u tried number 8 i know u said u tried number 7
              i have the exact problem now but i dont even have an os loaded

maybe this will help someone else out i noticed that the power led in the front of my case no longer lights up since the no post no beep problem. aside from that everything is exactly the same
              .______
              | '_ |__\___
              [(o)|___(o)] XB
              ._________
              | I__I I_I|_\__I

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Do you hve a picture of the procedure applied?

Originally posted by wallaceacura
                I talked with tech support about the "biostar fix" for the opus, and they told me you just have to short out the resistor between the on/off jumper and the white opto-isolator. The non-biostar fix Opus has a 331 or something resistor there. I can verify that shorting this resistor fixed my opus. Your mileage may vary.
                2002 Honda CR-V
                Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Working...
                X