DC-DC Power Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC-DC Power Questions

I've got a lilliput, just a simple composite input plain old lilli. Not a VGA or a Touchscreen or anything. Now I'm pleased with the screen but when the DC-DC converter is a little sub par (It's a car converter.) So the issue of screen distortion arises when the power comes from the alternator. When the ignition is at ACC everything is fine. Someone told me that I needed a power line noise filter, but I don't really know what I'm looking for in that regard. Also I think will probably buy a better converter. My question is if anyone can reccommend a power line noise filter or at least give me an idea where to start my search for this particular application. My second question is whether I can just solder the lines that come to my cigarette lighter adapter to those on the converter and not damage anything? Thanks for your help guys.

Chop off the DC-DC converter and hook it up straight to your PSU.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

As I'm not installing a carputer is there any other advice anyone can offer. I don't have a psu to work with, and I'm electrically challenged. In a pm i was told to use a voltage regulator. Does this sound right? Thanks for your help again.

edit: I have no clue what I'm looking for. I've searched around quite a bit on engineering websites, ebay, all kinds of places. My searching has left me completely confused as to what I'm looking for. I'd greatly appreciate any guidance here as this whole world of electronics has me completely baffled. Thanks guys

Comment

I remember there are a post regarding to a 12V regulator just for power the Lilliput instead of the "egg". But searching for it is a challenge. I can't locate that circuit myself cuz I don't rememberit is in this power forum or display forum.

Look in this thread Sproggy PSU circuit. I just posted. Look at the 12V section to see if you can get anything usefull out of it.
        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
          I remember there are a post regarding to a 12V regulator just for power the Lilliput instead of the "egg". But searching for it is a challenge. I can't locate that circuit myself cuz I don't rememberit is in this power forum or display forum.

Look in this thread Sproggy PSU circuit. I just posted. Look at the 12V section to see if you can get anything usefull out of it.
          He's "electornically challenged".
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Never mind.
            This one should work.
            Opus Point Of Load
            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

that or purchase a ITPS. i know thier crap, but im pretty sure they can handle a screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz
                that or purchase a ITPS. i know thier crap, but im pretty sure they can handle a screen.
                Yeh. Just ask for it in the clasifieds section. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people want to get that off their hands
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

The ITPS works prefectly for screens ... well they do until the screen goes white due to a knackered ribbon cable

Comment

what is an itps might i ask. I looked around but still don't understand. thanks

Comment

iTuner Power Sequencer: http://store.ituner.com/ituner/itps.html

Comment

Question about using the ITPS with a screen. Do you need to hook up the igition wire?
                        iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                        CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Only if you want it to turn on.
                          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                          Want to:
                          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Working...
                          X