These are awesome connectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are awesome connectors

For all of you that are wanting a way that you can create a high amperage disconnect for your DC-DC power supplies. I just redid my power supply lines with these powerpole connectors from anderson. They are great, I purchased the 45amp versions but you can get much higher amperage if you need.

I bought mine directly from anderson

you can find them here

now for some pictures of them

as you can see they slide together so you can make custom connectors, I used them to make the 5v and 12v connections diffrent in my dash so I dont plug something in the wrong way

here are my 2 opuses connected up with these connectors

So for anyone thatís looking for a great alternative to crimp connectors I highly recommend these

oh yeah and thanks to scouse for turning me on to these
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Damn good idea. Nice connectors.

:cough: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...38&postcount=6

Don't just take JCDillins reccomendation - they are very very good. I used em on RC cars that destroyed just about any other connector

Comment

I knew it was in there, but it was buried deep in a thread, it neds to be out here in the open!! and we needed pictures of them in action
      肚子笑痛了
      S60 Install

Comment

Is there a UK supplier?

Comment

Well you might check fleabay, because I was able to get a 2nd batch from there for about the same price
          肚子笑痛了
          S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
            Is there a UK supplier?
            Radio spares and Model shops (but both will not be the cheapest around). Might wanna check CPC/Farnell and Rapid electronics. Or jsut give Anderson a bell and fnd out.

Comment

http://www.powerwerx.com also sells them.
              System status: in progress

Comment

I use these at work with a RigRunner as a bench test rig. Good stuff!
                IEI PSB-4710, 1.5Ghz P4, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD, Lilliput 8" TS, M2-ATX, BU-353,
                Ikey SL75 keyboard, BT Mini Keyboard, WLAN, EVDO, IC-PCR100 (AM/FM/VHF), HQCT, Centrafuse 1.6...

Comment

Very cool!
                  Do any of you know if anyone makes a through-case version of these? I'd like to have my power supply connectors plug into the case, rather than via loose wires....

(By through-case, I mean that the connector mounts to the case using screws, then the opposite connector is joined via a hole in the case.)
                  http://www.jeepmp3.com/
                  CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
                  Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

If you look at the manufacturers site you will see various mounting options - one be the type of thing you are looking for.

There is also a semi-circle on each connector that forms a full circle for mounting and locking the connectors together.

Comment

How easy are these to connect/disconnect if you compare it to a molex plug? I am looking for an easy yet sturdy connect/disconnect solution for an application that would normally use molex. A male/female barrel connector set would be awesome, but my assumption is that a barrel connector will not work as I think it's only two pole and it seems that molex uses 4 wires. But I really don't know what I'm talking about either! lol

Comment

These connectors are much easier to disconnect than molex but you would need 4 connectors to replicate a 4 pin molex. And you can assemble them in any way you want (4 in a row, a square, L shape etc etc) They would be bigger than a molex but they also have a nice positive click when you connect them together - unlike molex and they wont suffer from crappy pins opening up as they are curved silver plated blades that overlap and lock together.

Comment

and at powerwerx the 30-amp ones are under $1 per set (one red, one black) in quantities of 10, 25, or more... and only a little bit more expensive for the 45-amp ones... those are very impressive prices to me... FINALLY I can use something much better than stupid molex connectors
                          But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
                          Originally posted by Viscouse
                          I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
                          eegeek.net

Comment

These are great, I don't have any, but I do remember using these about 10 years ago in my RC cars hehe. Tip: if you replace all your connectors with these, you might want to make a New Connecter > Molex adapter incase you need to test hardware with other machines or vice versa.
                            -GiZak-
                            Carputer Project: 98% Complete!! *tweakin'*
                            Xenarc 7TSV | Opus 150 | Biostar M7NCG400 | Athlon Mobile2200 | Seagate 160Gb | Kingston 2x256mb | BT Holux GR-231 GPS | LiteOn CD-R/DVD| Keyhole Rev. Cam | Zippy Mini-glow Keyboard

Comment

Working...
                            X