OPUS shuttle casing removal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPUS shuttle casing removal?

if i got the cased version of the opus can i remove the outer casing and mount with just a backing plate or something?
    My install... check it out!

www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56599

I don't see why not.....just use raisers to mount it in the case.
    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

ill give you $8 shipped for that casing
      PC Components:
      Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
      My work log

Comment

thanks

@peoples whoa...slow down! i have got it yet lol

and unfortunately it'll probably cost more than 8$ to get it from the UK to the US

Comment

ohh, didnt notice your in the UK
          PC Components:
          Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
          My work log

Comment

no you can't ...

The shuttle version casing for the OPUS 150 is made of aluminum and it is there for a reason. It is there to dissipate heat and it does not simply just come off the risers. On the underside of the board there is a heat sink BRIDGE that attaches the board to the shuttle casing. If you took the Shuttle opus PCB off its aluminum shell it would overheat. You would need to get a fan to prevent this from happening. If your going to do that your better off just buying the regular opus 150 in the larger steel casing with a fan already incorporated and manipulating that.

CL

Comment

sorry i got it wrong. it was a standard cased opus and not a shuttle

thanks though

Comment

ahh ... just make sure you take the fan where ever you put the opus board.

You also might want to look into if the shuttle casing will fit your install. It will save you having to worry about cooling and you could probably buy it from opus for 20 dollars or something.

Comment

my pc won't be mounted in a case as such. all the components are to be mounted separately on MDf stealthed away
                  the power supply is on its way now and i'll probably take the case off when i mount it

Comment

I took it off, I made my own case and mounted just the board behind the mobo

Comment

Working...
                    X