Inverter Question XBOX RELATED Help B4 I kill myself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverter Question XBOX RELATED Help B4 I kill myself

Hey every one i have a 300 watt invertor in my car i was thinking , Perhaps i could Ground the the wire to the body, then take the hot wire and run it to the direct to battery and i could have a switch drilled into my dash so i could controll the power from there instead of reaching under my seat to do it. And on the hot wire, run that new power switch aswell as a fuse on the wire even though the inverter already has one. Is it possible to have the xbox and my inverter all come one through one switch in my dash instead of having to switch my dash switch on and my xbox? and be able to have it stay on during cranking, I was wondering If i did the connect is it a good method and will my device connected to my invertor still stay on if i turn the car on and off, unlike the cigarette adapter switch. Any adivce would be great, if there a better way to do it so the inverter will constalnly remain on unless I turn if off plesae let me know.
    [email protected]
    ALso, I have a Pioneer TV(dash), 2 head rest Tv's, (Perhaps this inverter), I am getting a Tranny Cooler with the fan, and i have a remote start. Any electrical system Mods i should make to accomdate all of this. Is a Gel Battery (Optima) needed. I DO NOT HAVE ANY amps. ANY HELP Is welcomed thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Porgieanne316
    Hey every one i have a 300 watt invertor in my car i was thinking , Perhaps i could Ground the the wire to the body, then take the hot wire and run it to the direct to battery and i could have a switch drilled into my dash so i could controll the power from there instead of reaching under my seat to do it. And on the hot wire, run that new power switch aswell as a fuse on the wire even though the inverter already has one. Is it possible to have the xbox and my inverter all come one through one switch in my dash instead of having to switch my dash switch on and my xbox? and be able to have it stay on during cranking, I was wondering If i did the connect is it a good method and will my device connected to my invertor still stay on if i turn the car on and off, unlike the cigarette adapter switch. Any adivce would be great, if there a better way to do it so the inverter will constalnly remain on unless I turn if off plesae let me know.
    [email protected]
    ALso, I have a Pioneer TV(dash), 2 head rest Tv's, (Perhaps this inverter), I am getting a Tranny Cooler with the fan, and i have a remote start. Any electrical system Mods i should make to accomdate all of this. Is a Gel Battery (Optima) needed. I DO NOT HAVE ANY amps. ANY HELP Is welcomed thanks in advance.
    THIS ISN'T AOL CAN YOU PLEASE TYPE LIKE A NORMAL PERSON.
    Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

k 300 watt inverter for the xbox is probably not enought to begin with. I'd go 400 or higher. There's no way anyone could tell you for sure that its gonna survive crank but it wont for sure unless you wire it directly to the battery with a <8gauge wire. Lastly the only way i can think of to get both devices turned on is to use a uSDC like i do with my computer/inverter setup. It will power the inverter AND hit the power switch on the computer when the car is turned off and power them down when the car is off.
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

hey man..im installing a carputer...im gettin a 400watt vector power invertor..800 peak..and im buying a shutdown controllor aswell....what kinda cables do i need for the shutdown controllor..do you have a link where you bought it. Once i turn off my car the power invetor should be fine right?..the shutdown controllor will turn off my comp..but i dont have to worry about the invertor being on with the battery right?..im also planning on hooking a capacticor up in the back...will that be fine aswell?

let me know if you can

thanks
        Jason

Comment

stop Double Posting FFS!

Comment

Are you blind ?

Can you make your fonts larger cause I can't se what you are screaming about!!!!!!!!!
            01001101010100000011001101000011011000010111001000 1000000101001001101111011000110110101101110011

Comment

Who said that? I CANT SEE YOU? MOMMA!? MOMMA!?
              NO MAMA NO!

off top:

isnt your avatar (Aksor) the Iraqi information minister guy who (when the war first began) said to the UN "uh we iraqis are killing many americans" then when we won 3 days later (ROFLMAO, "won" what term, **** u bush) he was like "uh i love america, can i keep my job please?"
              (All done)
              iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

Originally posted by Jir1984
                hey man..im installing a carputer...im gettin a 400watt vector power invertor..800 peak..and im buying a shutdown controllor aswell....what kinda cables do i need for the shutdown controllor..do you have a link where you bought it. Once i turn off my car the power invetor should be fine right?..the shutdown controllor will turn off my comp..but i dont have to worry about the invertor being on with the battery right?..im also planning on hooking a capacticor up in the back...will that be fine aswell?

let me know if you can

thanks
                Jason
                Massive threadjack.
                Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                Want to:
                -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

back on topic...
                  the xbox uses 100 watts so your 300 watt inverter should be plenty.
                  the cigarette lighter is never the way to go.
                  read the tutorials on xbox-scene.com there has to be a way to have the xbox turn on when power is supplied.
                  if not, there are mods that allow you to put a power switch into your controller, or use your dvd remote to turn it on

Comment

This post is just for trash filling.
                    If you want people answer your question, don't ******* throw words at them.
                    Go a head and kill yourself, no one here care.
                    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

I already posted this like last week or something, you could have searched, if you write xbox in the search of this forum you get only a few threads so it wouldnt have took long to search...

Llamma made a dc-dc power supply that turns on when you put the key in the accesory position and it stays powered while starting. Its expensive but its exactly what you want:
                      http://secure.llamma.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=476

Edit: btw this is the thread:
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...highlight=xbox

I just searched and its the third one in the power supply section.

Edit: If you didnt check the othe forum ; heres the link to the thread :
                      http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.p...0#entry2793883

Comment

Guest what this kid did?
                        Below is the email message he sent me.
                        Code:
                        This is a message from Porgieanne316 at MP3Car.com Forums ( 
                        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/index.php ). The MP3Car.com Forums 
                        owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email Porgieanne316, you can use this online form:
                        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&userid=7945

OR, by email:
                        mailto:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is the message:

Don't be a dick...
                        I removed his actual email address.
                        I don't mind you post that on the forum but don't ******* email and attack me like that.
                        I leave the email option as people do email and ask me question. If I get more of those, I just shutdown the option to email me.
                        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

What a douche?
                          (All done)
                          iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

Working...
                          X