Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, my OPUS seems to work fine - first try no problems... except +5vsb of course

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, my OPUS seems to work fine - first try no problems... except +5vsb of course

So I finally installed my computer (which replaced the laptop) with the opus 150 installed, and everything booted up just fine the first try. Only complaint is the +5vsb staying on, which I will have to remedy somehow. Currently my powermate flashes when the PC is off and I am away from my car. Looks like a cool alarm LED, but not my cup of tea... plus I do not want the battery to potentially die.

This is meant to be a positive post in regards to opus products. I know so many people see all the "another opus problem" threads, but very few 'my opus works great' threads - as expected.

I will keep you updated if anything does go wrong, but so far it survives crank with a MSI k7n2gm-v mobo, athlon mobile 2500, 120gb WD 3.5" HD, XM direct, and misc USB devices. Not ALOT of load, but a typical setup that most would potentially have. I should mention that I am running an optima red top, which helps quite a bit I am sure.

I am going to look into adding a second battery so that I would be able to send the computer into standby, but I am not 100% sure on how easy/effective it will end up being.

You're right - Too many people say bad things but never the good

I have an opus 150w and i've never had a problem either. The 5v problem is easily fixed. There is a solution in the power threads somewhere

Rickster
    "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

Comment

Working...
    X