Did I Kill My Opus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I Kill My Opus?

Okay, I have a 90W Opus, had it all mounted and working fine. Wired to the battery with 10 gauge and an inline 10A fuse, ugnition lead, starts up, shuts down, no problem.

Tonight I neede to re-route some cables so I removed the fuse on the +ive line first, disconnected the spade connectors and re-routed them. Wired it all back up and.... nothing! PC will not power up.

The inline fuse is ok, there is 12v at the PC. MB is ok, it will run off an ATX power supply. I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary other than the fuse sparking as I put it in the holder, it's ok though, as is the fuse on the Opus.

Any ideas? Could I fry it that easily?

Chris.

When power is connected to the Opus there is a green LED that blinks, is this significant...?

Comment

the led blinking is for the status of your opus...
      check the manual to see what the different patterns mean
      the opus manual is avaliable online through the mp3car store

Comment

is the battery dyeing? just something to consider checking with a multimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleYankan
          is the battery dyeing? just something to consider checking with a multimeter.
          I second that

Comment

Originally posted by ukchris
            Okay, I have a 90W Opus, had it all mounted and working fine. Wired to the battery with 10 gauge and an inline 10A fuse, ugnition lead, starts up, shuts down, no problem.

Tonight I neede to re-route some cables so I removed the fuse on the +ive line first, disconnected the spade connectors and re-routed them. Wired it all back up and.... nothing! PC will not power up.

The inline fuse is ok, there is 12v at the PC. MB is ok, it will run off an ATX power supply. I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary other than the fuse sparking as I put it in the holder, it's ok though, as is the fuse on the Opus.

Any ideas? Could I fry it that easily?

Chris.
            are their green and white wires on there? if so switch the ones on your mobo around (the one that sends a signal to the board to tune on)
            BossTone74

Comment

Originally posted by ukchris
              When power is connected to the Opus there is a green LED that blinks, is this significant...?

How many blinks are you getting?
              肚子笑痛了
              S60 Install

Comment

I'll check the blinks, I bought the Opus used and didn't get a manual so I didn't know about the blinks. Pretty sure the battery is ok, I'll go and check the blinks and comr back, only noticed it flashing last night and never thought to look for patterns.

I'll report back soon, thanks for all the help!

Comment

One flash, long pause = low voltage!!

Thanks all, haven't got time to crank it up now as I have to run out in the other car but will confirm later and report back. Thanks for having the patience to respond to what I now see is a bit of a trivial question, it is much appreciated.

Chris.

Comment

And so it continues...

After deciding it was the voltage I put everythign back together and started the car, no PC. Still the one flash from the Opus then a 4 second pause, one flash etc.

The voltage measured at the battery and at the spade connectors by the PC shows 13.89V with the car running, that should be fine shoudn't it?

The Opus did not start the PC, simialrly it will not start if I jump the power connectors, my Opus isn't happy. Could the one flash mean something else?

I'm pretty sure the connector on the Opus itself only fits one way up so I couldn't have switched that, any other ideas?

Chris.

Comment

Actually mine flashes once every 4 seconds, that just means the opus is getting power and is waiting for the ACC signal
                      肚子笑痛了
                      S60 Install

Comment

So this isn't entirely accurate?

1 Flash:
                        Battery voltage is below normal operating range.
                        The normal range is 11.5 VDC to 18 VDC.
                        During engine cranking the low battery voltage detection is ignored so the
                        battery voltage can dip below 11.5V.

I need a manual, anyone have a link? The link in the mp3car store doesn't work.

Chris.

Comment

http://65.33.203.206:118/serve/Opus%...r%20Manual.pdf

but see it just says one flash, thats it.

if your getting a repeating single flash that just means it's in standby waiting for you. Thats what mine does, just a single flash every 3 or so seconds, just tells me it's getting power and waiting for the ign to be turned on.
                          肚子笑痛了
                          S60 Install

Comment

So the ignition line could be bad? Will the Opus not operate without it? I wonder if the fuse that runs through could have blown... hmm...

Thanks again.

Comment

have you got the green and white wire going to the motherboard plugged in? although on most pc settups it doesnt matter what way it is on the motherboard, on the opus it does matter.

and no the Opus will not operate without an ingition line, this is what activates the opus to turn on.

put a multimeter on the ignition line while you turn the key. it should go from nothing, to your normal car voltage.

Then make sure your green and white cable is the right way round on your motherboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X