enclosed or exposed OPUS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enclosed or exposed OPUS?

I know.. more waffles than a house of pancakes but I think I finally got a line on a sweet case. negotiating a prototype with the vendor that'll fit an OPUS and VIA mb with a single pci card in a riser for under $50 cdn. At this point we can go either with the enclosed opus 150 (SFX form factor - http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...roducts_id=32), or the open opus 120 (http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...roducts_id=95).

what are the benefits/drawbacks between the 2.. what would you do, enclosed or not?
    99 Explorer: Dell Axim X5, Garmin iQue 1620, Dell TrueMobile wifi
    97 Venture: MII12k,512M,3.5" 80G,7" Xenarc,Holux GM-210, Keyhole Cam, Scanner + CB --> audio in
    currently: installing (finally!)

I would be enclosing the ps by putting it in my case. If your worried about somethin gettin loose in the ps, spend the extra 30bucks
    03' Toyota Tundra T3 Special Edition - Polk Audio speakers - Sony 4ch amp - RF Sub amp
    Carputer Planning |---------*|
    Overall Implementation |---------*-|
    (Stereo complete)
    Computer installed and working

Comment

not too worried about something breaking loose in the case. the 120w dc board will do the trick me thinks. check this case out, its big but Frank from www.clearpc.ca will prototype a case. here's his smallest at the moment.
      http://www.clearpc.ca/catalog/produc...products_id=29
      I spoke with him this afternoon and I think he might have the talent to build something small and custom. dc board instead of sfx form factor for the psu, epia mini itx mobo, laptop drive and room for a single pci card on a riser (just in case) but he needs some sketches. any artists out there?
      97 Venture: MII12k,512M,3.5" 80G,7" Xenarc,Holux GM-210, Keyhole Cam, Scanner + CB --> audio in

Comment

man this dude makes some nice stuff...
        why not get one of these babies
        http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...products_id=75
        03' Toyota Tundra T3 Special Edition - Polk Audio speakers - Sony 4ch amp - RF Sub amp
        (Stereo complete)

Comment

man I'd love to BUT I heard they won't fit the opus 150 or 120.

Comment

hermph....?? I'm researching what would be a kick arse setup. Opus sounds cool too, but I have a 2" clearance to work with. UNLESS! I can get a computer in my console.
            (Stereo complete)

Comment

hermph?

Comment

Originally posted by jagsnag
                hermph?
                yeah it means hmmm or ahh crap
                I'm from th south...
                (Stereo complete)

Comment

Working...
                X